putty's reef tank.

May 26, 2008, 8:19 p.m.

Nice to see the barbecue is close by …

:damn:

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 26, 2008, 8:22 p.m.

sorry about the colors, i just got a new bulb, and i have not set the whitespace on my camera for it yet.

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

May 26, 2008, 8:47 p.m.

So, um, the fish.

A 00 weight? Double taper floating with a shrimp pattern?

Tim

Red meat is not bad for you, its green fuzzy meat that's bad for you.

Synchro, Derwood, Wayne P and me - Team Newfie. No CFA's allowed.

May 26, 2008, 8:55 p.m.

[QUOTE=hecklin at y'all;1947387]So, um, the fish.

A 00 weight? Double taper floating with a shrimp pattern?

Tim[/QUOTE]

Hahha, perfect.

I think sage has a 000, and if you can tie a good pellet pattern you are in.

The cleaner shrimp and wrasse will clean my arm when I go in there to do maintenance.

Next to gooch, this is the coolest thing I have done in a while.

May 26, 2008, 9:03 p.m.

im going to ram your fish tank with a black SUV.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 26, 2008, 9:22 p.m.

my kid is like, "he's got nemo, is he a mean teef doctor?" ( she can't say dentist yet).

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

May 26, 2008, 9:29 p.m.

colors,

colours, mother fucker.

looks like a lot of the diving I did in Indo.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

May 26, 2008, 9:35 p.m.

great site: http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php

May 26, 2008, 9:37 p.m.

it would be sweet to do putty, but i wouldn't recommend against it. if the thing ever fails you'll be on the hook for all the repair costs and i highly doubt you'll be able to find an insurance rider to cover it.

but, to properly build the thing you would need to know the joist sizing to determine their load carrying capacity. once you determined the psi or psf of the house structure, you could build a platform to safely carry the estimated weight of the tank plus an additional 15-20[HTML_REMOVED]#37; as a safety factor. while your unit may be able to carry a load like this it is not designed to and if it fails you are utterly fubar'd

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 26, 2008, 9:42 p.m.

to spread the load effectively i think you might need to factor in a 60deg (from horizontal) spread. so like 2.5 units of height for every 1 unit out..either way look into dead/live load capacity like someone said, and maybe try to get in touch with the builders' engineer? they should have numbers for ya.

May 26, 2008, 10:13 p.m.

but, to properly build the thing you would need to know the joist sizing to determine their load carrying capacity. once you determined the psi or psf of the house structure, you could build a platform to safely carry the estimated weight of the tank plus an additional 15-20% as a safety factor. while your unit may be able to carry a load like this it is not designed to and if it fails you are utterly fubar'd

uhhh..say what? just tell him the floor will collapse and that should cover it.

May 27, 2008, 7:25 a.m.

sorry about the colors, i just got a new bulb, and i have not set the whitespace on my camera for it yet.

Sweet tank. I recently got out of aquariums. Had 4 of them. Almost as addicting as riding.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

May 27, 2008, 8:18 a.m.

i am digging up floor plans. insurance is not an issue, i have already talked to them.

water bed, hot tub, bath tub are all close in weight. WB is spread out over more area, but a bath tub is pretty much the same as a tank.

next door neighbor has a 135 on the 3rd floor.

i am doing more research, but its looking pretty good. worst case, i can go a bit smaller, but i can definitely go at least 2 times current size.

May 27, 2008, 9:16 a.m.

Does your 1st floor need any renos? If the walls line up maybe put in a closet or something directly under where the tank will be and use some nice 4x4's from floor to ceiling directly under the joists for extra strength.

May 27, 2008, 9:32 a.m.

i have a neighbor below, i am pretty sure she does not want a closet in the middle of her living room…lol.

good suggestion though, if i owned the ds too.