Puerto Vallarta

Nov. 25, 2015, 2:15 p.m.

Great Deals
I just booked a flight return $478.00Cdn Taxes in.
Looking for a cheap hotel I found an all inclusive for $115.00 a night that allowed for only 1 person as my wife is not coming this time. Just a little north of the Malecon.

Nov. 25, 2015, 2:38 p.m.

Great Deals
I just booked a flight return $478.00Cdn Taxes in.
Looking for a cheap hotel I found an all inclusive for $115.00 a night that allowed for only 1 person as my wife is not coming this time. Just a little north of the Malecon.

Wow. Usually when I am in the dog house I just accept my punishment and get comfy on the couch. I like your style geezer.

Nov. 25, 2015, 2:50 p.m.

Wow. Usually when I am in the dog house I just accept my punishment and get comfy on the couch. I like your style geezer.

LOL She actually has a trip to England with her sister next year, i am going down to ride with some friends who winter there and some locals.

Nov. 25, 2015, 6:46 p.m.

i dont think you're looking for advice, i think you're just rubbing it in ;)

Yeah, I was. Didnt do any of the recommendations. Just sat on the beach and drank. The Steves took us to some great locals ceviche joint.

Was that really four years ago?

Nov. 25, 2015, 7:03 p.m.

Yeah for the bus, go outside after customs,ignore the touts and walk over the pedestrian overpass across the highway. On the other side catch a bus. Not sure if you still need to change buses at the Walmart

If the bus has sayulita written on the window in marker stay on it. If not then hop off at the Walmart and catch a sayulita one from the same spot you got of the last bus.

If there are a few people and /or you have lots of luggage you might find a cab more comfy.

those guys trying to sell you a time share always have a bottle of mescal so if you talk to a few of them you can get 2 or 3 shots in ya before you even get out of the airport which makes the bus ride to Sayulita way more tolerable and if you got more than what you can fit in a ski pack you got too much stuff

I booked a cheap airBNB hosted by the drummer in a Reggae band/bering sea fisherman which was interesting

Nov. 25, 2015, 7:07 p.m.

Yeah, I was. Didnt do any of the recommendations. Just sat on the beach and drank. The Steves took us to some great locals ceviche joint.

Was that really four years ago?

Time flies when you are having fun my friend. Found some really good ceviche last year right beside a bike shop near costco, also rode above rombalasses nice and flowy.

Nov. 25, 2015, 10:56 p.m.

Go snorkeling. It's amazing. Better than 3D.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 26, 2015, 11:28 a.m.

I haven't read through the thread, so this might have already been covered…but

As nice as PV is (the old town is really cool) - if you go north an hour, you start getting into some really cool towns. Sayulita has been "discovered" now and is really busy (still worth checking out) but head north of there and every 10-15 minutes there are cool little towns.

Check em out.

Also, if you want to surf, and know how, go to Punta Mita, not Sayulita for that

edit - lol - I see this is an old thread i've already replied to

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Nov. 26, 2015, 12:02 p.m.

Sayulita is so popular with Smithereens that I ran into 3 buds who would hang in completely different social circles

Cheap flights to PV from Cowtown PeeG and vancover

You can get out of PV pretty cheap by just hopping the bus

you can find cheap accomadations without going to an all inclusive

Nov. 26, 2015, 2:01 p.m.

Also, if you want to surf, and know how, go to Punta Mita, not Sayulita for that

The surfing is excellent in Ixtapa, especially in Oct./Nov.

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

Nov. 26, 2015, 2:20 p.m.

Sayulita is so popular with Smithereens that I ran into 3 buds who would hang in completely different social circles

Cheap flights to PV from Cowtown PeeG and vancover

You can get out of PV pretty cheap by just hopping the bus

you can find cheap accomadations without going to an all inclusive

The crowd in Sayulita is much younger than Vallarta, We usually rent a condo. You can find descent Hotels for $20.00 to $40.00 a night.