Mass shooting in Florida.

July 7, 2016, 8:43 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/alton-sterling-shooting-1.3669088

does this go here ?

I guess it really doesnt count as a mass shooting and besides it was the cops eh?

July 7, 2016, 10:06 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/dallas-officers-shot-protests-1.3669873

How can this keep getting worse????

July 7, 2016, 10:16 p.m.

Linear regression as a means of prediction is pretty silly.

In this case… It will keep getting worse for American's until something changes.

July 7, 2016, 10:24 p.m.

Police officer shot the shooter, but shooter wasn't downed and he took out the police officer. Witness says shooter appeared to be wearing armor and was armed with what appeared to be an AR-15 and lots of magazines.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 7, 2016, 10:39 p.m.

Ummmm …. a second American Civil War? There's certainly enough Guns n' Ammo to go round. Last Civil War killed more Americans than all other wars combined.

July 7, 2016, 10:53 p.m.

Just please stay south of mason-dixon. Kthxbye.

July 8, 2016, 5:13 a.m.

They should make laws against sniper shooting police and maybe the police should stand only in gun-free zones. I'm sure then that those criminals would simply wish to talk it out.

July 8, 2016, 5:56 a.m.

If only everyone had guns then nobody would need guns.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 8, 2016, 5:58 a.m.

If only everyone had guns then nobody would need guns.

If only people weren't selfish and feel deprived by others having more than them then perhaps they wouldn't revolt.

July 8, 2016, 6:32 a.m.

Maybe they're revolting because they are tired of being killed?

July 8, 2016, 7:12 a.m.

Cheaper to train to shoot first and answer questions later than to do actual police work. It's the same mentality they use in the middle east, and the same mentality they used in Vietnam. They talk about building hearts and minds but they don't really do it because that takes true effort.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 8, 2016, 7:30 a.m.

im glad i live in the sticks. the world is going crazy and its not going to get any better soon. i wish i had something witty.

July 8, 2016, 9:06 a.m.

You're right, the police officers getting killed every year must build some stress levels\

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/year.html

policelivesmatter

July 8, 2016, 9:11 a.m.

They should make laws against sniper shooting police and maybe the police should stand only in gun-free zones. I'm sure then that those criminals would simply wish to talk it out.

If the police were armed, none of this would have happened.

im glad i live in the sticks. the world is going crazy and its not going to get any better soon. i wish i had something witty.

2012 Data says small urban centres and rural areas tend to have the most reported crime

http://www.macleans.ca/worst-cities/

According to StatsCan:

• Crime is not necessarily a large urban phenomenon. Looking at 2005 police-reported data, small urban areas were found
to have higher overall crime rates than large urban areas. The lowest overall crime rates were found in rural areas.
• These findings applied to all the provinces and territories except for Quebec and Alberta. In Quebec, the overall crime
rate was highest in the large urban areas; in Alberta, the overall crime rate was lowest in large urban areas.
• In addition to having the highest overall crime rate, small urban areas reported the highest rates for total violent crime,
total property crime and breaking and entering. However, these areas reported the lowest homicide rates.
• Large urban areas reported the highest rates for both robbery and motor vehicle theft. In particular, robbery rates were
more than double those of small urban areas and almost 10 times higher than rural areas. Overall violent crime rates,
however, were lowest in large urban areas.
• Rural areas had the highest homicide rate in 2005 as has been the case over the past decade. However, rural areas
reported the lowest rates for overall crime, total property crime, robbery and motor vehicle theft.
• The proportion of homicides committed with a fi rearm was actually slightly higher in rural areas (39%) than in large urban
(35%) and small urban areas (23%). The type of fi rearm used to commit homicide differed widely between urban and rural
areas. While a handgun was the weapon of choice in the large urban areas, a rifl e/shotgun was most commonly used in
rural areas.
• The presence of weapons in violent crime in large urban areas was much higher than in small urban and rural areas (data
for Quebec and Ontario only). In fact, the presence of a fi rearm was about two to three times greater in a large urban area
than in a small urban or rural area of these provinces.
• Despite differences in crime rates, residents of the large urban, small urban and rural areas were equally likely, at over
90%, to report feeling satisfi ed about their safety from crime. However, residents of small urban and rural areas were more
likely than the residents of large urban areas to say that the police were doing a good job.

July 8, 2016, 9:20 a.m.

LOL!

At least the guy doing the shooting was going after the guys who are, at least, partially responsible for a change.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman