If travelling to Tokyo

Feb. 27, 2013, 3:37 a.m.

Don't!

Just go to Kyoto. Tokyo is full of miserable looking grumps all dressed in black. Plus, the near collective depression has caused a lot of the women to eat too much and get fat.

Kyoto on the other hand is colourful, full of lovely looking ladies, and just plain better.

Feb. 27, 2013, 4:45 a.m.

Kyoto is nice.

I've hit Japan a few times, but have yet to go to Tokyo.
Osaka is a cool city with tons of hotties, and Hokkaido is awesome to play outside.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Feb. 27, 2013, 8:56 a.m.

Kyoto on the other hand is colourful, full of lovely looking ladies, and just plain better.

And has free outdoor WiFi all along the main shopping street…. and nice gardens.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

Feb. 27, 2013, 10:50 a.m.

Where is doriftooo? Go there.

Feb. 27, 2013, 2:24 p.m.

Niseko is a powder wonderland but oh dear god are there ever a lot of western Australians!

For some no pics follow me on Instagram (username same as here).

Feb. 27, 2013, 2:29 p.m.

How does one get around Japan without speaking Japanese? It seems fairly daunting.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 27, 2013, 3:08 p.m.

How does one get around Japan without speaking Japanese? It seems fairly daunting.

This. Would like to go get some JaPow! over there, but I'd probably end up lost or dead

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 27, 2013, 7:48 p.m.

Don't!

Just go to Kyoto. Tokyo is full of miserable looking grumps all dressed in black. Plus, the near collective depression has caused a lot of the women to eat too much and get fat.

Having been to both several times.. I think they're both equally awesome in their own ways.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

Feb. 27, 2013, 8:43 p.m.

wow that sounds awesome
I'm miserable, wear black and like fat chicks

Feb. 27, 2013, 10:01 p.m.

Having been to both several times.. I think they're both equally awesome in their own ways.

Tokyo is an awesome city. Endless good food and endless neighborhoods/districts and layers to explore, plus safe as hell and not as expensive as you'd think.

Kyoto is for the tourist Nikon moments, a must-see but I'd pick Tokyo for almost everything else.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Feb. 28, 2013, 4:18 a.m.

Japan has really made it a lot easier to travel as an english speaker. The train maps are in English, most restaurants have an English menu, major street signs and maps are in English, etc, etc.

Coupled with the safety, be it from crime or bad drinking water, I'd say Japan has to be one of the easier countries to travel in. GPS on your phone and you'd have to be a total numpty to mess it up over here.

Ueno and Gina delivered today. However, the overall feel is still pretty oppressive compared to Kyoto. I think just about any major city with as big a rat race (London, New York, etc) will have a similar feel.

Feb. 28, 2013, 8:25 a.m.

Japan has really made it a lot easier to travel as an english speaker. The train maps are in English, most restaurants have an English menu, major street signs and maps are in English, etc, etc.

Not only that, the majority of people 40 or under can speak English. They don't like to because they think their English is bad but, in my experience, their English is easily good enough to communicate with.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

Feb. 28, 2013, 9:28 a.m.

koyasan!!!!!

Feb. 28, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

You tell a story like Tokyo Rose
I got the picture from the stains on your clothes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJR8lkE5fQo

Feb. 28, 2013, 2:19 p.m.

Never been to either city. When I hear Tokyo, I think of Neo Tokyo.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.