Hypothetical question for the vaccinated

Jan. 7, 2022, 1:16 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

/\Yup. So tired of wearing a mask, and the constant worry of spreading Covid to someone vulnerable. Just get the fucking shot already. 

There's been 10 billion shots given and zero people are magnetic or whatever, get over yourself.

Turn off whatever idiot media influencer is making decisions your brain should be making and contribute to the solution.

^ Yessir. 

More than half the population on the planet has been vaccinated at this point and with new, lower cost vaccines hitting the market, that's only going to increase. Stop listening to Podcasters, self-appointed unqualified experts and people who have a financial or political interest in exacerbating the pandemic.

Jan. 7, 2022, 1:18 p.m.

the meteor is going to hit earth and we won't have to worry

Jan. 7, 2022, 1:48 p.m.

It's become way deeper than two sides now. Influencers, nut jobs saying whatever for attention and clicks. Whole thing has become insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWhZvkyvTwk&ab_channel=DavidPakmanShow

Last edited by: bux-bux on Jan. 7, 2022, 1:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 7, 2022, 1:54 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

It's become way deeper than two sides now. Influencers, nut jobs saying whatever for attention and clicks. Whole thing has become insane.

If your ass is randomly bleeding, please seek medical help.

Jan. 7, 2022, 2:08 p.m.

Posted by: switch

You mean would people, who actually stepped up to help do what's best for our society, do the same in the future?

If so, the answer is going to be a resounding yes.

I agree with this.

Jan. 7, 2022, 3:16 p.m.

Posted by: kavurider

It is amazing to me that many people who chose to not get vaccinated do not understand that. It seems like a very "us vs them" mentality, vaccinated against unvaccinated. But most people did it because, like you said, it seems like the best answer to help our society right now.

Getting vaccinated doesn't mean you are pledging allegiance to one side or the other. I hate how polarized/political this has become.

To me its not an us vs them thing in actuality or at all because, we're in this together right? Here's my real world position from the start. Number One reason I'm not vaccinated: AFAIK, once I'm injected with it, I cant get it out. Thats a commitment I cant make. So thats a non starter for me from the start. I havent checked a vaccine box for myself but I've read there's no vaccine insert info sheet with this vaccine and a product under EUA is not required to have one. Combine that with for whatever reason, when someone or a group of people want me to do something this badly, I naturally hold out. There's also the fact vaccine's usually go through 5+ years of trials so one could then argue we're now a year into trials.

Fast Orange just said he's vaccinated but can still spread it so the vaccine doesnt work as intended. In the event they develop a vaccine that actually works as a classic vaccine would, I would and will still hold out. If the time came when I needed it, it is there ( or should be and if it isnt, then I wont be. I'm ok with that). I can simplify it even more: you (all) have made a choice before I actually have. But I can still make that choice. It currently does not look like we are going to run out of vaccine's.

Now, with the current information available about who's at risk or vaccine effectiveness and almost back on topic, from what I've read in the covid thread is I'm still more at risk of taking up a hospital bed since I'm non vaxxed and yet the risk is now almost the same as a vaccinated person, just the vaccinated will reportedly have less severe symptoms. I'm semi sure there's a good portion of people who think smokers and the obese (co factors) should have higher health premiums. Those people also made a choice and if they're vaccinated and contract covid and need the hospital resources, they somehow deserve a hospital bed more than a hold out who's been healthy or healthier duration the pandemic and life? No comprende yo.

Along those lines is the best way I can way describe what seems like the sentiment against the non vaxxed from a non vaxxed pov and the us vs them mentality that the vaccinated see. I obviously cant speak for all the hold outs because one could have allergies for example but I see the .gov and vaccinated pushing us to do something we're not comfortable doing just yet. They and "you" are supporting limiting us from segments of society and those restrictions will probably encroach further into more aspects soon enough. I've said this before but we all have access to the same information, we can all derive what we will from it and go from there. It just seems people cant actually talk about it if we disagree, like Syncro said in some other thread.

Apply the bold to this flip side thread and thats what I was aiming for here. What if things changed relatively drastically for the vaccinated because they did what they were told? The idea for this thread is from another forum and I wanted to check the sentiment here which is a polar opposite of the other place so real world differing opinions.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Jan. 7, 2022, 3:18 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 7, 2022, 3:24 p.m.

The error of pretty much all of your arguments is that you start with the belief that what you have read is truth and that mainstream sources of information are false. 

Until someone can take a piece of information and pull it apart and evaluate what's most likely to be true and know why, anything they read that they believe to be true is basically useless. 

Your problem rests squarely with the sources of info you trust.

Jan. 7, 2022, 3:54 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

The error of pretty much all of your arguments is that you start with the belief that what you have read is truth and that mainstream sources of information are false. 

Until someone can take a piece of information and pull it apart and evaluate what's most likely to be true and know why, anything they read that they believe to be true is basically useless. 

Your problem rests squarely with the sources of info you trust.

The only thing you take away from that post was that I chose the wrong information? You could personally give me all the right information and I still wouldnt get the current vaccinations.

Now you unfortuantely might've missed the part where my information comes from: the nbr covid thread. I did say from what I've read in the covid thread. Youre reply seems to be referencing where I said it before about 'we all have the same info'. Most of that post was referencing things I've read and interpreted from posts in that thread. But for a change, I'll thank you for not insulting my comprehension skills. It's just my choosin' skills ;)

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Jan. 7, 2022, 3:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 7, 2022, 4:07 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

/\Yup. So tired of wearing a mask, and the constant worry of spreading Covid to someone vulnerable. Just get the fucking shot already. 

There's been 10 billion shots given and zero people are magnetic or whatever, get over yourself.

Turn off whatever idiot media influencer is making decisions your brain should be making and contribute to the solution.

Sorry to inconvenience you but I'm not the one making you wear it and I still have to wear mine regardless if I get the shot, right?

So, you tested positive if you're worried about spreading it? You should really be staying home in these troubling times.

Jan. 7, 2022, 4:22 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

You could personally give me all the right information and I still wouldnt get the current vaccinations.

That says it all right there. Your bias is so strong that you are unable to consider things that don't align with your beliefs. 

It doesn't matter where you get your info from, if you can't reference the source or  something else that says the same thing then what you claim is nothing nore than hearsay. This is why I treat everything you say on the topic of covid as false, you don't bring any reputable and verifiable support for your arguments. In fact, based on what you post i don't think you know what qualifies as reputable and verifiable support.

Jan. 7, 2022, 5:16 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

You could personally give me all the right information and I still wouldnt get the current vaccinations.

That says it all right there. Your bias is so strong that you are unable to consider things that don't align with your beliefs. 

It doesn't matter where you get your info from, if you can't reference the source or  something else that says the same thing then what you claim is nothing nore than hearsay. This is why I treat everything you say on the topic of covid as false, you don't bring any reputable and verifiable support for your arguments. In fact, based on what you post i don't think you know what qualifies as reputable and verifiable support.

My choice has zero and sfa to do with information and or any bias.

Go back and read my #1 reason for being a hold out and get back to me if you like.

Jan. 7, 2022, 5:28 p.m.

Posted by: Ride.DMC

You mean would people, who actually stepped up to help do what's best for our society, do the same in the future?

I agree with this.

So I'll try to rephrase this.

If the government said since you listened to us and we made a huge mistake, you have to stay home and not associate with anyone outside your house, you'd be ok with that?

If they said you could only leave your house for one hour a day like it was for the non vaxxed in Australia for a bit, you'd be ok with that?

If they said you had to order everything online and ship to home or pick it up outside in your one hour recess since you're basically plague ridden and no longer allowed in most places, you'd gladly step back and just be go with it?

Makes sense, you did what you were told in the first place.

Jan. 7, 2022, 5:31 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: LoamtoHome

Posted by: LoamtoHome

I would say the vast majority of people vaxed don't support locking up anti-vaxxers or removing healthcare (which is against the healthcare act).   You still support Trump?

Why not just answer the question in context?

If you have a Vax ID then you can't go into a place that currently requires them? That type of narrative change?

the question from a real world scenario won't ever happen.

Does the title not say hypothetical?

The situation you are hypothetically pondering is halfway to the current real situation. 

Would you mind elaborating on how it's halfway? Does this mean it's not so hypothetical to you?

Jan. 7, 2022, 5:41 p.m.

Imagine a hypothetical world where you had to pass a cognitive test to gain internet access.

Jan. 7, 2022, 5:46 p.m.

Posted by: Ride.DMC

I agree with this.

So I'll try to rephrase this.

If the government said since you listened to us and we made a huge mistake, you have to stay home and not associate with anyone outside your house, you'd be ok with that?

If they said you could only leave your house for one hour a day like it was for the non vaxxed in Australia for a bit, you'd be ok with that?

If they said you had to order everything online and ship to home or pick it up outside in your one hour recess since you're basically plague ridden and no longer allowed in most places, you'd gladly step back and just be go with it?

Makes sense, you did what you were told in the first place.

Being okay with public health orders and obeying public health orders are not necessarily the same thing.

What I believe Switch was saying - and I was agreeing with - is that the people who have already followed public health orders that are put in place for the greater good would continue to follow public health orders for the greater good.

Without getting into too much detail I will say that I have been very disappointed with many of the public health orders adopted in BC, but I do try to follow them because I believe that the Public Health Officer is implementing these orders to try and do the most good for the most people.

And even though that may infringe on my "rights" it is what I expect of any democratically elected government, and I am okay with that.

It's not about you and it's not about me.  It's about the collective us.