Did I get scammed out of $675 from a guy in BC?

March 21, 2006, 9:10 p.m.

yea, you broke rule number one of buying shit over the internet. never give money directly to the buyer with the promise of "then ill stick it in the mail…"

Are you suggesting an escrow service? this has always worked just fine in the past.

Just out of curiossity, has anyone here ever been ripped off when they sent someone a money order? Most people would have to be pretty gutsy to rip you off using their real name unless they're on the other side of the earth.

For all he knows I work in Calgary half the time, or have cousins there (maybe he was trying to cover his bases with listing his location in Golden?).

Does anyone know what the rcmp would do about this? As evidence I would have record of the wire transfer, as well as all of our e-mails. If they have his name and address they would do something… right?

isn't this the same thing as if the guy mugged me in the street and tuck $675 from my wallet? Couldn't he even go to jail for this?

March 21, 2006, 10:42 p.m.

if it comes down to it, it could be his word against yours. he says he shipped it, you say you sent the money..get my drift? Canada post doesn't track packages unless you have tracking on it which he could just claim he didn't do.

good luck, but it sounds like your getting hosed