Cancer, Before I die

Feb. 1, 2016, 10:14 p.m.

there are many ducati shops around.. i have heard the issues. but they are mostly with the other motors 900cc like monster etc

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 2, 2016, 8:20 a.m.

my buddy has one, he's been all over the states never had a problem.

Feb. 2, 2016, 8:22 a.m.

I know a bunch of guys Ducati's that have had excellent reliability

Feb. 2, 2016, 10:31 a.m.

https://youtu.be/MF996juVdwU

been following him for a while… 2 hyper moto both non stop problems can't embed on phone. Sitting at JP cancer centre to meet some teens and adults

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 2, 2016, 12:12 p.m.

https://youtu.be/MF996juVdwU

been following him for a while… 2 hyper moto both non stop problems can't embed on phone. Sitting at JP cancer centre to meet some teens and adults

Haha that's who turned me off of them, Snowcat is from Calgary, that's his second hyper moto he made ducatti replace it. I still love the bike though.

Feb. 2, 2016, 2:13 p.m.

yup.. the amount of bad coming from his bikes is scary.. even after they replaced the whole wiring unit. but still sexy bikes.

so at JP in surrey I met 2 people a 14 yearold boy with stage 4 leukemia who is looking good on surviving and a 25 yearold girl who has Lung cancer. hung out with each alone for about 45 mins. heard their stories and what they have been through. I told them mine after etc. It was cool. The boy we talked Video games and watched a few youtube videos together and laughed. Just kept a smile on his face while his parents could not be there (both working).

the 25 yearold was pretty down.. she was given a date of you know what in about 3-8 months even with chemo. so I really just let her do all the talking and let her just dump her feelings on me a complete stranger. which I think was a load off her I hope. I will see them again Thursday as they both said it would be great to have me back which makes me feel fucking awesome as hell to be useful to them.. when they are like this. It made me almost want to fight a bit longer but I wont get into that or let this thread turn into a you should blah blah.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 2, 2016, 2:33 p.m.

if you ever want to do some dirt biking rosco, I have a couple bikes and would be happy to take you out.

Feb. 2, 2016, 4:08 p.m.

Could be possible to make some trials riding happen too.

Feb. 2, 2016, 8:50 p.m.

Hi, Ross - We've never spoken before, but I wanted to share a couple words and tell you that you've reached more people than you might know.

I started lurking on NSMB around 2003 when I lived in Ottawa. Our local riding community was tight-knit, but small, and NSMB gave me a peek into "the big leagues" out west. I followed the comings and goings on the forums, dreaming of one day visiting the shore.

There was this one kid that seemed to have a new bike every couple of weeks. Urban MTBing was taking off out east, and Le Toys were the bike to have if you wanted to do crazy shit downtown. I never had one, but others in Ottawa did, and we all sure noticed yours. We shared the pictures of your builds on our local forums, discussing how pimped out they were. As you know, Le Toys were sturdy beasts, and weren't known for succumbing to much - so you can imagine the shock that we collectively felt when you broke one. I think one of us even brought it up to Julien from 24 Bikes when he visited the city.

And when your SX Trail got built and the pictures were spread around my circle of friends, I don't think there was anyone who wasn't burning with jealousy. I still remember it-and those narrow Deity bars-even this many years later. Some of us questioned how the hell you got enough much money to buy all that cool shit, but by God, we all wished we could ride where we saw you riding in the pictures and videos that got posted on here.

When you post to public forums, you have to know that people may be following along that you never get to talk to. It's like living a little part of your life in front of a two-way mirror, and anyone could be on the other side. Maybe no one notices - or maybe you live a life so remarkable that people across the country stop to watch.

I kind of disconnected from mountain biking for a few years. I moved cities a couple times, got a few degrees, got married, and finally made the move to Vancouver that I dreamed about for so long just this past November. After arriving, I logged back into my NSMB account and explored the forums for the first time in a while. A lot had changed, of course, but when I saw this thread, it hit hard. That crazy kid sure grew up.

Having never spoken with you before, I couldn't think of anything to say. Frankly, typing this out is still really weird, but eh, what the hell. It doesn't mean much coming from a stranger, but the way you're handling everything being thrown at you is amazing. We could all hope to have half as much poise and composure as you've shown. When you started talking about going to meet with patients, though, that's when I felt like I needed to actually reach out and commend you. What you're doing is probably touching them more than you know, just like your life and exploits in the public eye touched more people than you probably knew.

Keep fighting the good fight, Ross. We're all pulling for you.

-Duncan

Feb. 3, 2016, 1:25 a.m.

so at JP in surrey I met 2 people a 14 yearold boy with stage 4 leukemia who is looking good on surviving and a 25 yearold girl who has Lung cancer. hung out with each alone for about 45 mins. heard their stories and what they have been through. I told them mine after etc. It was cool. The boy we talked Video games and watched a few youtube videos together and laughed. Just kept a smile on his face while his parents could not be there (both working).

the 25 yearold was pretty down.. she was given a date of you know what in about 3-8 months even with chemo. so I really just let her do all the talking and let her just dump her feelings on me a complete stranger. which I think was a load off her I hope. I will see them again Thursday as they both said it would be great to have me back which makes me feel fucking awesome as hell to be useful to them.. when they are like this. It made me almost want to fight a bit longer but I wont get into that or let this thread turn into a you should blah blah.

I can't even wrap my mind around the emotions you must have felt while talking with them…how do you do it man!

Feb. 3, 2016, 2:43 a.m.

Hi, Ross - We've never spoken before, but I wanted to share a couple words and tell you that you've reached more people than you might know.

I started lurking on NSMB around 2003 when I lived in Ottawa. Our local riding community was tight-knit, but small, and NSMB gave me a peek into "the big leagues" out west. I followed the comings and goings on the forums, dreaming of one day visiting the shore.

There was this one kid that seemed to have a new bike every couple of weeks. Urban MTBing was taking off out east, and Le Toys were the bike to have if you wanted to do crazy shit downtown. I never had one, but others in Ottawa did, and we all sure noticed yours. We shared the pictures of your builds on our local forums, discussing how pimped out they were. As you know, Le Toys were sturdy beasts, and weren't known for succumbing to much - so you can imagine the shock that we collectively felt when you broke one. I think one of us even brought it up to Julien from 24 Bikes when he visited the city.

And when your SX Trail got built and the pictures were spread around my circle of friends, I don't think there was anyone who wasn't burning with jealousy. I still remember it-and those narrow Deity bars-even this many years later. Some of us questioned how the hell you got enough much money to buy all that cool shit, but by God, we all wished we could ride where we saw you riding in the pictures and videos that got posted on here.

When you post to public forums, you have to know that people may be following along that you never get to talk to. It's like living a little part of your life in front of a two-way mirror, and anyone could be on the other side. Maybe no one notices - or maybe you live a life so remarkable that people across the country stop to watch.

I kind of disconnected from mountain biking for a few years. I moved cities a couple times, got a few degrees, got married, and finally made the move to Vancouver that I dreamed about for so long just this past November. After arriving, I logged back into my NSMB account and explored the forums for the first time in a while. A lot had changed, of course, but when I saw this thread, it hit hard. That crazy kid sure grew up.

Having never spoken with you before, I couldn't think of anything to say. Frankly, typing this out is still really weird, but eh, what the hell. It doesn't mean much coming from a stranger, but the way you're handling everything being thrown at you is amazing. We could all hope to have half as much poise and composure as you've shown. When you started talking about going to meet with patients, though, that's when I felt like I needed to actually reach out and commend you. What you're doing is probably touching them more than you know, just like your life and exploits in the public eye touched more people than you probably knew.

Keep fighting the good fight, Ross. We're all pulling for you.

-Duncan

Thanks very much for the kind words.. Yeah the first Le toy 3 the brushed Raw one had the headtube crack on top and bottom. But LIFE TIME WARRANTY.. hah so the new model had the more gussets at the area. maybe because of me maybe not. The Sx Trail was born at OGC West.. Nothing would of been built without James and the crew there. lots of support. Also my parents were massive supporters of if hes riding a bike hes not getting into trouble.. just getting hit by cars or falling down whistler instead. Also the Narrow handle bars.. well they were for tough people.. who could handle them ;)

After I came out of surgery I thought I done im cured and my life was back to normal but my brain said hold up… lets rethink a few things.. like how you treat people and how you would like to be remembered when its your time. SO when I found out I got more and more growing I thought well I better man up real quick and start using what I got for good. So I thought I am good with people anyways might as well see if I can try and talk and cheer up a few if I can. I mostly play Call of duty during the day and I stream on Twitch TV and i usually get asked about the cancer and ive told it about 15 times over and still get tons of questions and hopefully it helps people.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 4, 2016, 8:11 a.m.

Back at JP Today. meeting up with the same 2 and maybe 1 more. should be a fun day.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 4, 2016, 8:33 a.m.

That's awesome that your helping out, as you know it's a long day at the hospital.
I'm sure they can talk to you about things they may not with their parents or friends.
Keep up the good work.
How's the Ducati looking any more on that?

Feb. 4, 2016, 12:38 p.m.

They for sure can talk about anything with me. Plus im as wide open about what they did to me and what I went through.. so they don't need to feel embarrassed if it happens to them. The Ducati is still in my mind but first I need to take my riding course at Pro Ride @ Cap Uni. I Just finished with the boy. The girl I see after her Chemo treatment in about 15 mins. Just chilling with the nurses (Smokin hot I must say..) having a bite to eat. :rocker:

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Feb. 4, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

Yeah the first Le toy 3 the brushed Raw one had the headtube crack on top and bottom. But LIFE TIME WARRANTY.

funny. they certainly looked burly enough, and they were all over the "never been broken" thing, but mine cracked at the headtube as well. they were cool with replacing it, however (and said it was the first frame they ever had to warranty). the second one was raw as well; ended up polishing it - looked pretty pimp - but had it stolen soon after. replaced it with a black one after that. neat bikes.