Bump in the trunk.

Dec. 29, 2008, 9:43 p.m.

Dec. 29, 2008, 9:44 p.m.

2 fails in a row schoenrock.

Dec. 29, 2008, 10:13 p.m.

yeah i know i need a box. what i was insinuating is if i can easily fit it w/o a box is that a box would fit, but be tight. I prefer to keep my computer in working order. A magnet that big would be baaad.

ps I know the antenna is not hooked up. i took it off so i could pull the radio out far enough to take a pic.

oh, and wtf is this? KOD just droped it off at my house today and said "here ya go"

Looks like it could be a coil to trim the frequency or something like that.

And excuse me if Im being an asshole, but I did read your truck wiring thread.

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:22 p.m.

Read a book. I'm there's one or two in Tejas.

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:24 p.m.

wire your sub pos and neg to the battery pos and neg, and with the other terminals on the sub hook them to the rear right speaker wire (should be 1 green and one green with black stripe) and this will power the subwoofer with out using an actual amp. the subs with dual coils are more expensive so u dont have to bother with buying and wiring an amp you can just directly power it to the battery.

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:26 p.m.

wire your sub pos and neg to the battery pos and neg, and with the other terminals on the sub hook them to the rear right speaker wire (should be 1 green and one green with black stripe) and this will power the subwoofer with out using an actual amp. the subs with dual coils are more expensive so u dont have to bother with buying and wiring an amp you can just directly power it to the battery.

So the one of the two terminals go from the radio to the sub, and somehow wire the other two to the battery eh? thats easy! will try it right now.

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

I can mud bog farther, its s chevy

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:31 p.m.

serious? its so damn simple, didn't they teach you anything about basic electricity in school?

you need an Amp, RCA wires, Speaker wire, 6-10 gauge power cable, an inline fuse and a sub box, Thats about $300 worth of stuff.

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:32 p.m.

I'm not sure if that is a legitimate option, but I do know you loose crossover control if you do it that way.

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:34 p.m.

So the one of the two terminals go from the radio to the sub, and somehow wire the other two to the battery eh? thats easy! will try it right now.

This whole thread has epic fail all over it…

Here's the issue…

1. You have a sub but it doesn't have a box to go with it… You will hear nothing…

2. You have a stereo but no amplifier… you will hear nothing….

3. the power cable which KOD gave you would work if you had an amplifier already which you do not… it will do nothing…

Here's a simple diagram…

If you cannot understand this image then just don't bother and go see your local car audio company.

Go read some info on this site…

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Learn/Article/Category.aspx?c=3

You'll learn a whole lot more and end up with a working system.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:52 p.m.

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:57 p.m.

This whole thread has epic fail all over it…

Fuck me you can say that again.

Total clusterfuck in the making.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 29, 2008, 11:59 p.m.

Tried that, I hooked up the positive and negative terminals to the battery first. got a "cluck" sounds outa the sub, then hooked the wires to the radio, then touched them to the sub, nothing. When i hook the sub to the battery however, the speaker pushed slightly outwards, and stays there. supposed to do that? granted I may not have the correct cables for the radio to sub connection. It plugs in to the radio fine (two white plugs, one in the red, on in the white. 'may be the problem') but the wire also has the same type of plug on the other end. and just touching them to the sub terminals does nothing.

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

I can mud bog farther, its s chevy

Dec. 30, 2008, 1:22 a.m.

Tried that, I hooked up the positive and negative terminals to the battery first. got a "cluck" sounds outa the sub, then hooked the wires to the radio, then touched them to the sub, nothing. When i hook the sub to the battery however, the speaker pushed slightly outwards, and stays there. supposed to do that? granted I may not have the correct cables for the radio to sub connection. It plugs in to the radio fine (two white plugs, one in the red, on in the white. 'may be the problem') but the wire also has the same type of plug on the other end. and just touching them to the sub terminals does nothing.

Yup - Epic Fail! lol

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Dec. 30, 2008, 1:27 a.m.

You don't need a box. Just cut a hole the passenger seat. Get some bump in them panties of your hotties!

Provided you get power to it in the first place…

Which won't happen. So, get your hotties to get that cellulite in order and get the hippie-approved pedal powered generator of electricity.

Sober

Dec. 30, 2008, 1:35 a.m.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH DOO DOO CA CA

dude… whatever you are on, I want some…

oh hai!