Anyone here from Fort Mac?

May 6, 2016, 4:47 p.m.

I've always liked you, Norm.

i see rubber gloves are on that list. so how am i supposed to have safe sex if i can't use rubber gloves?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 6, 2016, 4:52 p.m.

i see rubber gloves are on that list. so how am i supposed to have safe sex if i can't used rubber gloves?

Donate to the Red Cross

May 6, 2016, 4:58 p.m.

This image of fire fighters from Strathcona Alberta went viral. It is their first rest in 80hours of fighting the fire.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/to-fort-mac-firefighters?utm_term=.hwY81QMDr#.jwMeK83qL

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 6, 2016, 4:58 p.m.

Donate to the Red Cross

i don't think that's the type of donation they want.

gave some money at safeway yesterday at the till, it was pretty easy.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 6, 2016, 5:04 p.m.

This image of fire fighters from Strathcona Alberta went viral. It is their first rest in 80hours of fighting the fire.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/to-fort-mac-firefighters?utm_term=.hwY81QMDr#.jwMeK83qL

yesterday it was reported as 30 hours which seems probable. i think the 80 hours is a misprint, highly doubt they've been up and fighting fires for nearly 3.5 days without any sleep.

Ellen Langer

May 6, 2016, 5:17 p.m.

yesterday it was reported as 30 hours which seems probable. i think the 80 hours is a misprint, highly doubt they've been up and fighting fires for nearly 3.5 days without any sleep.

If the situation warrants it, it can happen that one can go for that long with minimal sleep.

And keep in mind Syncro, in situations like Fort Mac. Things like rules of required rest end up being set aside when trying to deal with it.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 6, 2016, 5:56 p.m.

If the situation warrants it, it can happen that one can go for that long with minimal sleep.

And keep in mind Syncro, in situations like Fort Mac. Things like rules of required rest end up being set aside when trying to deal with it.

here ya go, 30 hrs from a more reputable source.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/strathcona-county-firefighters-saving-houses-in-fort-mcmurray-1.3568037

Ellen Langer

May 6, 2016, 6:57 p.m.

This argument really makes me shake my head….

Are you really saying because I own a basketball and use q-tips that I should just say fuck it and buy a lifted F350 and a hellcat to drive to work in?

We are all consumers of oil products no doubt, but making changes where you are able and acting responsibly with your investments, consumerism, even the companies you work for.. all adds up to a positive net result.

Taking climate change seriously does not require abstinence from oil products.

Of course not you. "other" people will work for your righteous wants. It's their problem, they causedcaused their suffering and you'll just have to prejudice elsewhere.

May 6, 2016, 7:27 p.m.

I've always liked you, Norm.

The number 19 gallons doesn't include other kinds of fuel

"Refineries in the United States produced an average of about 12 gallons of diesel fuel and 19 gallons of gasoline from one barrel (42 gallons) of crude oil in 2014."Energy information Administration"

"84 percent by volume of the hydrocarbons present in petroleum is converted into energy-rich fuels (petroleum-based fuels), including gasoline, diesel, jet, heating, and other fuel oils, and liquefied petroleum gas." Source Wikipedia

**Plastics, drugs and fertilizers are 16% of all oil and generally don't end up as CO2 or methane in the atmosphere which are linked to climate change.

"Oil is too Precious to be Used as Transportation Fuel" Oilprice.com

Truth Fail. Science Fail. **

May 6, 2016, 7:37 p.m.

Congrats NBR, zero lack of empathy and once again turn it into a bash me thread. Hold your precious heads high. You are all the kind of people I teach my children not to be like.

May 6, 2016, 7:38 p.m.

How can you be this tone deaf? No seriously. Does it make you feel good to be all high and mighty on the internet? Do you get some pleasure from doubling down on your position and not understanding that people don't like you not because of the facts but because your delivery is complete shit.

If you're so concerned, please do share with the forum what you personally have done to effect change? I want to hear all about how you've given up your car (because oil is part of the problem), stopped eating foods that are imported (because shipping stuff from California is expensive and bad for the environment) and how you only buy local 100 mile products for everything.

What are you doing to advocate the government to wean us off natural resources? Also while you're at it, please tell me your plan for all the people working in those companies.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5N-A20O0bQ should they do?

Can't?

Didn't think so.

You're doing some mental gymnastics to convince yourself you're doing something when all you're doing is showing people how much of a callous asshole you are.

Stopped eating meat 20 years.
Try to buy as much local food as possible.
Haven't purchased Palm oil based products since the 90's.
Drive a 4 cylinder van car for work but try to ride when possible.
Donate to numerous charities (none are human).
I've wrote emails Clark and Harper re Enbridge and oil corp subsidies. Been on a couple protest marches.

Fuck all in the grand scheme of things but there you go. Concerned but powerless I guess. You?

Regarding: "Also while you're at it, please tell me your plan for all the people working in those companies."

Here's what I would do. Pay everyone who worked in the tar sands a basic income for 5 years while they get used to the fact that they can't be payed that kind of money for doing dumb work in any other industry. End all fracking and tar sands production in Canada. Start R[HTML_REMOVED]D manufacture of thorium reactors to provide electricity for all the electric vehicles that will be commonplace in the next decade. Total restructure of the Canadian banking sector. Reinstate the national bank etc.

Just stuff that some shmuck like me can come up with in 5 minutes that makes absolute sense considering the situation we're in.

Or you could just cut and paste a load of shit about what we make oil out of, bury your head in the sand and keep marching on into an increasingly more fucked situation?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 6, 2016, 7:43 p.m.

Congrats NBR, zero lack of empathy and once again turn it into a bash me thread. Hold your precious heads high. You are all the kind of people I teach my children not to be like.

Quit posting misinformation and outright lies (or at least do some kind of verification) so no-one can call you out.

May 6, 2016, 7:45 p.m.

This message is hidden because Duncan is on your ignore list.

May 6, 2016, 7:49 p.m.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 6, 2016, 7:58 p.m.

Hot Hot Heat.

welcome to the bottom of my post.