24hr

Aug. 4, 2007, 8:06 a.m.

ok so i was getting buzzed at a buddies house with a bunch of people
then went and passed out in my truck cause obviously drinking and driving is lame so i went and slept it off.. next thing i know the man is ripping my door open telling me to get out of the vehicle im like what? why? this is my truck im sleeping fuck off.

hes all lik ehand me your lisence, so i do that he fucks off for a bit he tells me to chill out comes back hands me a 24 hour suspension notice and said he was gunna give me a d.u.i… like what the shit i wasnt driving, i didnt get a breath test, no sobriety test… nothing heres your 24 hour give me the key your truck is being towed you can pick it up monday.

so like question is if i were to dispute it can i get the man to pay my tow bill and shit cause thats bullcrap.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Aug. 4, 2007, 8:19 a.m.

Consult with a legal professional, aka a Lawyer.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 4, 2007, 8:27 a.m.

man i live in sooke i can barely afford the tow bill as it is yet alone a lawyer.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Aug. 4, 2007, 8:39 a.m.

you're not allowed to be in a mobile when you're drunk. that's the law. unless there is a person who isnt intoxicated driving it.

the D.U.I part sounds liek bs though on cop's part,

pitt meadows isnt just a hick town, we have crackheads too

Aug. 4, 2007, 8:43 a.m.

There must be a lawyer in Sooke you can pay with your empties.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

Aug. 4, 2007, 9:06 a.m.

aparently i was beeing a threat to everyone on the road by sleeping it off in my truck. so they ensured my saftey by telling me to get lost and towing my truck

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Aug. 4, 2007, 9:16 a.m.

little known fact and a good lesson for everyone, if you are gonna sleep one off in your car, you need to put your keys somewhere else of you risk a charge, if you didn't have your keys with you, you should be okay

meh

Aug. 4, 2007, 9:22 a.m.

little known fact and a good lesson for everyone, if you are gonna sleep one off in your car, you need to put your keys somewhere else of you risk a charge, if you didn't have your keys with you, you should be okay

yup. hide them outside and you're good.

Aug. 4, 2007, 9:58 a.m.

hes all lik ehand me your lisence, .

print this out,show it to a judge, you will be fine.

the "key" to sleeping in the car is to have the keys in the glovebox or somewhere in the backseat.

if you have them on the driver (in pockets etc) or in the ignition you are in "care and control" of the vehicle which is prohibited with a blood alcohol level or greater than .08

edit - gooch beat me to it, but he is teh smrts

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Aug. 4, 2007, 7:23 p.m.

basically what everyone else said is right, you're fucked.
shitty buzz.

Trucks and Guns.

Aug. 4, 2007, 7:34 p.m.

Regardless of if you get a ticket or not, good on you for not driving, you know you did the right thing even if those idiots think that you did.

Aug. 4, 2007, 9:22 p.m.

its called
"being in care and control" you cannot sleep it off in your car in the front seats or with keys on your person basically. If you plan on sleep it off in your car you have to put your keys in the trunk or if you have a locking gas cap there or in your friends house or something and then sleep in the back seat. What he did was fully within the law and you probably cant get out of it, if you had a fine or something you could maybe get it reduced by going to court and admitting it was your fault (also ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse) but since it seems its only a suspension and towing fees i doubt you get that back

Aug. 5, 2007, 8:31 a.m.

I've heard this before as well…cop was being an asshole tho…way to encourage responsible drinking there…

Aug. 5, 2007, 9:46 a.m.

its called
"being in care and control" you cannot sleep it off in your car in the front seats or with keys on your person basically. If you plan on sleep it off in your car you have to put your keys in the trunk or if you have a locking gas cap there or in your friends house or something and then sleep in the back seat. What he did was fully within the law and you probably cant get out of it, if you had a fine or something you could maybe get it reduced by going to court and admitting it was your fault (also ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse) but since it seems its only a suspension and towing fees i doubt you get that back

my truck is worth quite a bit to me and is very high on the theft list round here… stripped for parts and so on etc.. i aint leaving my keys nowhere but my pocket.

still i was sleeping and the man woke me up to give me a ticket… needless to say im still pissed.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Aug. 5, 2007, 9:51 a.m.

needless to say im still pissed.

Maybe it's time to sober up you drunk.

So many freaks, so few circuses.