road riding?

Dec. 12, 2005, 2:32 p.m.

yeah!!! let's hear it D!!!

Dec. 12, 2005, 3:14 p.m.

Man where do I start?!?!?
Well lemme sum it up . .
I like to do little quick corners on the road, which i ususally do on my dh bike with super tacky 2.5's
Well, I was waiting for Jenelle (trust me that doesnt happen often - I just wasnt following the pace) so I started doing a couple corners to pass the time. And my stupid road tires dont grip so well on the damp, grimy pavement. In a very slow awkward motion my bike slipped from under me, depositing me on my left butt/hip and ankle bone. So there I was writhing on the ground and Jenelle and Allison roll up. Jenelle was already laughing if I remember right. Although she did manage to ask if I was alright.
I know, I'm an idiot.
I brushed it off to save some sort of pride.

Then 2 and half hours later with my feet/ankles still numb I was in the truck and I saw blood on my ankle and I freaked!! "Man my ankle bone is bloody and really big!!" I figured it must be seriously messed to swell that big and be bleeding. So I stupidly shared with J and A that "holy crap I think my ankle's broken!!"
give me a sec - I'm laughing really hard right now!

Ok it didnt take longer than a sec to realize that was ridiculous. Jenelle tried to stiffle a laugh and Allison asked if I needed to go the hospital. lol.
Which you'll be happy to know I declined, but said I should take an advil. Ok broken to advil in 30 sec. Like I said, I know I'm an idiot.

So I decided to compare ankle bones and HEY whaddya know. They're both pretty big and knobby!

I think we all laughed at that comment.

Anyway you'll all be relieved to know I am fine and so is my ankle. Although it is quite bruised and my left butt hip area is REALLY bruised.

Lesson learned. I suck on my road bike AND I'm dramatic.

Anyone in for a ride next weekend? It'll be a good show I PROMISE!
free viewing of the "almost" broken ankle. (extra to see the bruised butt).

Dont ask why my butt and ankle were the first things to hit the ground. You can answer that for yourself.

Dec. 12, 2005, 3:50 p.m.

I think the lesson to learn is most of the time I get hurt is doing stupid little stuff. Just messing around to be silly. My friend Steve dislocated his shoulder on Rose hill. Not on the trail but on the road doing the exact same thing.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

Dec. 12, 2005, 8:39 p.m.

Ok it didnt take longer than a sec to realize that was ridiculous. Jenelle tried to stiffle a laugh and Allison asked if I needed to go the hospital. lol.
Which you'll be happy to know I declined, but said I should take an advil. Ok broken to advil in 30 sec. Like I said, I know I'm an idiot.

Anyway you'll all be relieved to know I am fine and so is my ankle. Although it is quite bruised and my left butt hip area is REALLY bruised.

Lesson learned. I suck on my road bike AND I'm dramatic.

Anyone in for a ride next weekend? It'll be a good show I PROMISE!
free viewing of the "almost" broken ankle. (extra to see the bruised butt).

Dont ask why my butt and ankle were the first things to hit the ground. You can answer that for yourself.

Glad your ankle is ok - I found that advil right after you left. What it's doing in the cupboard with my tea and hot chocolate I'm not quite sure…but at least I know where it is now!

Jan. 26, 2006, 3:06 p.m.

i saw this and thought of you ladies…super nice bike, and a great price! For the small cute girls!!!

[email protected]

Jan. 26, 2006, 9 p.m.

Try this:

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/bik/128583084.html

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Jan. 27, 2006, 11:58 a.m.

Try this:

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/bik/128583084.html

:lol: thanks!!!!