road riding?

Dec. 5, 2005, 8:41 p.m.

Oh and hey, I need a new seat for my road bike…does anyone have a recommendation of which seat to get?

oh mtb gal maybe you should post a pic of you sadle for all to see. and then we can all guess as to what your lady parts look and feel like! LOL
Recommendation: Get a seat made for women roadies!!

Seriously though - most good roadie shops will let you try some b4 you buy it - call around to ask. Cramerotti or whatever its called on 8th and burrard is pretty friendly and helpful with no hype. Ie DH friendly

Dec. 6, 2005, 9:59 a.m.

I have the Juliana saddle for my road bike. It is very comfortable because of my child bearing hips. Narrower saddles over many Kms kill my hips. So I guess it really depends on build to what feels most comfortable as Ramirifika pointed out graphically.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

Dec. 6, 2005, 10:58 a.m.

thanks ladies! now i have lotso info to go by…

Dramika, of course YOU would think of my lady parts and what they look like. Pre-vert:)

Dec. 6, 2005, 10:59 a.m.

Doh! I just noted the 'Pancake Crotch'….

Damn.

Dec. 6, 2005, 11:42 a.m.

Dear mtbgal, you're a dinker. Let's hook up on sunday and ride and we can all have a good laugh at your seat, and everyone will understand why I am thinking about your lady parts. ew. lol. Hows about meet 930 leave buy 945, somewhere in pitt meadows . . . is there a good coffee shop? amg you in? XX chromo's only please! And fenders and clear glasses are an asset for group riding in the winter. And the ride will be lsd style, so dress warm. rsvp on the board.

Dec. 6, 2005, 11:43 a.m.

I can ride thursday am too, in maple ridge if anyone wants to go . . .

Dec. 6, 2005, 12:55 p.m.

Dear mtbgal, you're a dinker. Let's hook up on sunday and ride and we can all have a good laugh at your seat, and everyone will understand why I am thinking about your lady parts. ew. lol. Hows about meet 930 leave buy 945, somewhere in pitt meadows . . . is there a good coffee shop? amg you in? XX chromo's only please! And fenders and clear glasses are an asset for group riding in the winter. And the ride will be lsd style, so dress warm. rsvp on the board.

I'll ride with you, but no laughing at my seat! Besides, you won't be able to see it for my Giant shammies will be covering it up.

I'm coming in from NVan, so if anyone needs a ride out to destination Maple Ditch, pm me. how long, couple hrs or 3?

Really, no boyz? :cougar: only?

Dec. 6, 2005, 6:12 p.m.

I'm in, I can ride out to Pitt Meadows easily to meet. Not sure if there's good coffee shop, but there is a Starbucks across from McDonalds in the mall. But I don't know what lsd is…oh well, I'll wear my winter tights and hope I'm prepared!

Dec. 6, 2005, 6:50 p.m.

I'm in, I can ride out to Pitt Meadows easily to meet. Not sure if there's good coffee shop, but there is a Starbucks across from McDonalds in the mall. But I don't know what lsd is…oh well, I'll wear my winter tights and hope I'm prepared!

lsd = long slow distance
Sorry I didnt clarify that. It just means you'll be able to talk and ride, not a hard pace, but you will be pooped after. Alright see ya at the fourbucks (man its more like fivebucks now!) coffee shop across from the McD's (at the intersection of Harris and Lougheed right?)

THE INVITE IS OPEN TO ALL FEMMES!:rocker:

Dec. 6, 2005, 8:30 p.m.

lsd = long slow distance
Sorry I didnt clarify that. It just means you'll be able to talk and ride, not a hard pace, but you will be pooped after. Alright see ya at the fourbucks (man its more like fivebucks now!) coffee shop across from the McD's (at the intersection of Harris and Lougheed right?)

THE INVITE IS OPEN TO ALL FEMMES!:rocker:

Phew, I thought it was some sort of secret code…

and yep, Harris and Lougheed. See you there!

Dec. 8, 2005, 6:19 p.m.

i'll bring the lsd!!

Dec. 12, 2005, 12:15 p.m.

Great ride yesterday ladies!

We will have to do it again soon…I passed out hard by 9:30pm
I hope not to eat so much frigin road salt next time tho'!!!

It was really good to find out that Danika's ankle was not actually broken after all…amazingly after that HUGE, near death, unavoidable crash that she took.:eek:
Just a little road rash.

Now her road bike looks like a real DH'ers bike…

I'm glad that you are ok, D… :rolleyes:

Dec. 12, 2005, 12:19 p.m.

Holy! What crash ? What happened?

Dec. 12, 2005, 1:58 p.m.

I think that the crash story will be much better told by the dh crash masta herself…

Dec. 12, 2005, 2:30 p.m.

Danika let's hear it!