Travis Broken? NOOOOOooo...

July 26, 2006, 10:56 a.m.

dude, any bike shop would be a little pissed that you are airing out your dirty laundery to the whole internet.

i'm pretty sure you won't find too many shops that would be totally cool with that.

I read this post twice over and found nothing but positive reference to BSP trying to assist a valued customer. Same with OGC. I saw no 'dirty laundry' here. Dave and Kevin are top notch when dealing with customers and providing service. Any issue I had with a biking product in the past was dealt with promptly.

Talking about a situation on the internet drives this industry to be better than it was yesterday. Shops that fear the internet and it's scrutiny shouldn't be in business in the first place.

IMHO, the person that misinformed BSP about this post is a freakin idiot.

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

July 26, 2006, 12:12 p.m.

dude, any bike shop would be a little pissed that you are airing out your dirty laundery to the whole internet.

i'm pretty sure you won't find too many shops that would be totally cool with that.

no sympathy here … a tech geek should know about posting on the web where everyone can see

See, this is why I was so surprised by the confrontation. There was nothing DIRTY here. Even they said they didn't read everything. I do appreciate what BSP has tried to do. I know that OGC will take care of me. I called OGC today, and it looks like things are going to be right as rain. What stuck with me most out of that conversation was: "Whatever happens, we are here for you the rider. Just give us a call." That's a big WOW for me!

This was very much a learning experience. With this post being here, this will help others know what to expect when dealing with shops in regards to defective products of any kind, not just Manitou. I was shocked initially about how it was dealt with, but after understanding what needed to be done and how things are done in this market, I can totally say that BSP did everything they could do. OGC backed them up saying it is really difficult for them to just "Exchange" a defective part like that.

As a retail veteran of 16 years, (retired now), I am always happy to receive any sort of feedback I can get. Some people will give it to you directly. Some people will not or may hide their true feelings even if you confront them. The Internet gives people a way to express themselves and to not hold back on what they feel is wrong. That is the true power of the web: Freedom of Speech. I wish my customers in the past could tell me what I could be doing more of, without having to press them for answers. I would be thrilled to know that my customers feel that they were being given service they felt was genuine, but I would also like to know what things could be changed to make them feel even better about purchasing their favourite products.

And since I am a tech geek, I work with many companies that WANT my direct feedback on their products and their service because I won't hold back. In exchange, they make better products that people want to buy. If companies are afraid of feedback, good or bad, they shouldn't be in business. If they listen, and improve, they will have customers for life. I'm proud to say that because of my contributions, many companies have gone from mediocre, to outstanding.

Although I feel that things could have been done a bit differently, I don't feel that anyone was not genuine in their service. But I am looking at the situation from a completely different set of eyes, but maybe that's a good thing, and maybe that shows that there is this potential for the industry to grow a lot.

Bikes:

2005 Trek Session 77
2004 Specialized P3
2003 Giant TCR ONCE Team Road Bike

For Sale:

2004 Marzocchi DJII - NEW! PRICE LOWERED!

Tech Geek that likes to Freeride. Visit my stuff at: www.futurelooks.com and for that laptop fetish, www.laptoplifestyle.net.

July 26, 2006, 1:23 p.m.

If you buy a fork like this with a gold card, would you get any additional protection, re replacement of defective goods?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

July 26, 2006, 2:15 p.m.

i think only if the product is lost or past it's warranty period.

:high: :.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: :high:

July 26, 2006, 2:26 p.m.

There's a couple of different coverages…

On most Credit Cards, there is a 90 day no fault damage/loss/stolen insurance. This doesn't work if the company is already willing to do the work to fix it for you, no charge.

After the first year of warranty, the card company will give you second year of warranty through them. This requires a bit of a runaround since you will need to send the product out to depots that they specify to come up with a repair cost that they can reimburse you for. In the case of electronics, you will be asked to come up with repair quotes, and most places that do electronics, will charge you for an estimate feel. If you are ever worried about warranty for something under $500 bucks, buy extended warranty from the store. It will cost you less than estimate fees and the store handles it.

Those are the main coverages. Depending on your card, you could even have other coverage.

Bikes:

2005 Trek Session 77
2004 Specialized P3

For Sale:

Tech Geek that likes to Freeride. Visit my stuff at: www.futurelooks.com and for that laptop fetish, www.laptoplifestyle.net.

July 31, 2006, 1:05 a.m.

whats up with your fork?

Riding again?
greetings znarf

July 31, 2006, 1:49 a.m.

I'm going to call the shop tomorrow to see what's happening. It's been gone for a week now. I couldn't ride the loaner because it just didn't work right, but luckily my BO+ came back from OGC. I wasn't going to ride it because I wanted to sell it to cover the cost of my Travis, but I really had no choice if I wanted to continue to ride. If someone wants my BO+ , make me an offer, and you can have it when my Travis returns.

At least I have my new Specialized P.3 now to bomb around on in case of an emergency like this. What a headache this has been.

Bikes:

2005 Trek Session 77
2004 Specialized P3

For Sale:

July 31, 2006, 8:47 a.m.

Do you complain about the bad choice in food u bought every week?

So… I just have to ask this but are you saying that the Travis' are the bad choice to buy from other choices available from a shop?

And it is a customers right to complain about anything they buy, online or otherwise.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

July 31, 2006, 9:02 a.m.

i've been abusing the eff outta my fork racing for the past month and then some aswell as a 9 days at whistler (crankworks) nothing failed me or topped out etc etc. how ever i did get james whom was at the manitou tent to rebuild my fork and set it up more to my weight.. now its amazing!..er!

July 31, 2006, 12:37 p.m.

dunno. there are some bad apples and good ones… mine still runs amazing.. thats all :)

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 31, 2006, 12:39 p.m.

Ross, your old slider is lurvely and still going strong …

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

July 31, 2006, 12:43 p.m.

exactly maybe i got the gift.. they only give me good forks :)

my slider was amazing and still is.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 31, 2006, 3:37 p.m.

Im going to buy a new Travis TPC 150mm as soon as I sell my Boxxer.

Buy me boxxer

July 31, 2006, 3:38 p.m.

Hey Rosscofat, you are the biggest Manitou fan I ever saw of all the messageboards I occasionally look into :martini: :woot:

It

July 31, 2006, 6:52 p.m.

hahah.. I support products that work. not just manitou I love my rockshox pike when the maxle dont fuck up or stantions creek

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c