New bike; Nomad vs Enduro vs Rune

April 2, 2011, 4:48 p.m.

slate, nice colour

April 2, 2011, 8:47 p.m.

I am getting a Knolly Chilcotin for the same kind of riding you are doing. I also want to be able to ride downhill comfortably and be able to hit jumps without fighting the bike…and of course pedal up.

It has a 66 degree head angle, 73 degree seat tube, uninterupted seat tube as well which in my holy opinion is a huge plus for climbing and descending so you can run it as low and as high as you want. The bb and standover is also low… which is a huge bon-er-us.

Anyways best of luck with your new bike!

April 3, 2011, 7:57 a.m.

Sweet, good call. I'm sure you will love the nomad.

April 7, 2011, 4:53 p.m.

Just got my first ride on the Nomad this afternoon. I must say that I'm completely blown away, it's such a light, responsive and stable bike. With the 66 RC3 up front it feels like a mini DH bike; super plush, stiff and ultra responsive while staying glued to the ground but still maintains a nimble agility like no other bike I've ridden - easy to rail around corners and manual over and around obstacles on the trail.

Does anyone have any recommendations on shock tuning? I'm running the DHX Air with around 150psi in the main chamber and 170ish in the boost chamber. I weigh around 165lbs and from what I've read the guys at suspensionworx recommend using a lower air volume in the main chamber to keep it plush over small bumps and slightly higher in the boost chamber to prevent the mid-stroke wallow.

April 7, 2011, 6:22 p.m.

Put a evolver on it and you will never look back:)

April 7, 2011, 6:49 p.m.

Just got my first ride on the Nomad this afternoon. I must say that I'm completely blown away, it's such a light, responsive and stable bike. With the 66 RC3 up front it feels like a mini DH bike; super plush, stiff and ultra responsive while staying glued to the ground but still maintains a nimble agility like no other bike I've ridden - easy to rail around corners and manual over and around obstacles on the trail.

Does anyone have any recommendations on shock tuning? I'm running the DHX Air with around 150psi in the main chamber and 170ish in the boost chamber. I weigh around 165lbs and from what I've read the guys at suspensionworx recommend using a lower air volume in the main chamber to keep it plush over small bumps and slightly higher in the boost chamber to prevent the mid-stroke wallow.

I actually just sold the dhx air off my nomad because I could never get it set up just right. No mater how much I fiddled with it theere always seemed to be a trade off. After talking to the guys at suspensionwerx I bought a custom tuned RP23 off of them which they say is a much nicer shock for the nomad (and much easier to set up). The price I got for my DHX air pretty well covered the RP23. So far it feels good but I haven't been able to do any serious testing yet with the amount of snow we've had over here.

April 7, 2011, 8:34 p.m.

Arthur set mine up for me, I'm 200 lb riding weight and run 220 in main chamber and 150 in the boost.