Marzocchi to close for good??

July 22, 2015, 3:04 p.m.

I'll keep rocking my 380 until something better comes along. This sucks for Alex and Naz though.

July 22, 2015, 5:05 p.m.

So bummed to hear this, and certainly hope there is a buyer for the MTB business. I've yet to ride any forks that come close to either my 380 or 350. Both have fantastic dampers, are coil sprung, and long maintenance intervals. I'm tempted to buy a spare of each.

Side bar: If Marzocchi is truly gone, could someone please for the love of god make a half decent 160 mm travel fork with a coil spring? Air is for tires.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

July 22, 2015, 5:21 p.m.

"Tenneco Inc. (TEN) said that it plans to discontinue its Marzocchi motor bike fork suspension business and its mountain bike business, and liquidate its Marzocchi operations.", By RTT News, July 22, 2015, 10:07:00 AM EDT

What did I miss here?

Didn't Suntour have their higher end forks made by Marzocchi? Wonder if Suntour within a few months will buy the MTB and simply rebrand everything Suntour.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 22, 2015, 5:51 p.m.

"Tenneco Inc. (TEN) said that it plans to discontinue its Marzocchi motor bike fork suspension business and its mountain bike business, and liquidate its Marzocchi operations.", By RTT News, July 22, 2015, 10:07:00 AM EDT

What did I miss here?

I guess it is more reading between the lines, it's more about what they don't say here.

"Tenneco intends to assist its motor bike customers with the transition of current production to an alternative supplier and expects to complete the closure by the end of 2015."

Tenneco still has to provide warranty and service for the Marzocchi products for 2 years.

July 22, 2015, 6:22 p.m.

Didn't Suntour have their higher end forks made by Marzocchi? Wonder if Suntour within a few months will buy the MTB and simply rebrand everything Suntour.

I think Suntour made forks for Marz for a period of time. Not sure if they were making the latest forks though.

July 22, 2015, 7:17 p.m.

I guess it is more reading between the lines, it's more about what they don't say here.

"Tenneco intends to assist its motor bike customers with the transition of current production to an alternative supplier and expects to complete the closure by the end of 2015."

Tenneco still has to provide warranty and service for the Marzocchi products for 2 years.

It mentions specifically migrating motor bike customers (probably because they have more invested than MTB-ers) to other suppliers, but not bicycle customers. I'm sure they are required by law to honour existing warranties, but are not obligated to supply parts or service beyond that. Let's hope there is some backroom deal going on somewhere for the purchase of Marzocchi, so I don't have to worry about things like all the oil spontaneously draining from my shocks during a ride, as a Fox customer would (or so it seems).

I think Suntour made forks for Marz for a period of time. Not sure if they were making the latest forks though.

Apparently all their forks are now made in Taiwan, so its very likely Suntour that's doing it. Seems like a no-brainer for a company (Suntour) trying to break the image of being the suspension of choice for WalMart bikes.

July 22, 2015, 7:52 p.m.

When a certain marzocchi employee branched out on his own and needed a company to manufacture his fork, Suntour and Marz parted ways. Suntour makes DVO.

Hodaka started to make the forks after that(2013)….

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/listNews.asp?LN=UK[HTML_REMOVED]idC=1561[HTML_REMOVED]IDFolder=135[HTML_REMOVED]IDOggetto=61238

"Last July, Marzocchi announced that its mountain bike forks would be built by Taiwanese mountain bike and component manufacturer Hodaka. "

July 22, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

When a certain marzocchi employee branched out on his own and needed a company to manufacture his fork, Suntour and Marz parted ways. Suntour makes DVO.

bryson martin - my hero.

why?

his fav type of beer? root beer.

boo-yah!

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 22, 2015, 9:27 p.m.

crap was just going to drop my 66CR off to be freshened up and returned back to 180mm travel

#northsidetrailbuilders

July 22, 2015, 10:56 p.m.

But but but but what will the Marzocchi girls do now? Where will they go? I feel a sudden humanitarian urge to help.

July 23, 2015, 6:51 a.m.

Don't know how accurate this is.

http://singletrackworld.com/2015/07/marzocchi-distributor-speaks/

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 23, 2015, 8:28 a.m.

Yeah, it seems that whichever pen-pusher at Tenneco keeps writing these press releases needs shooting in the head.

Marzocchi themselves say that they are continuing:

https://twitter.com/MarzocchiSusp

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 23, 2015, 8:57 a.m.

Air is for tires.

Have you watched any DH World Cups lately?

:canada:

July 23, 2015, 8:59 a.m.

http://www.velovert.com/information/10252/marzocchi-cette-fois-c-est-fini

Velo Vert out of France announcing that there are 4 different parties studying the purchase and takeover of MTB operations, with the final decision being announced in two weeks. According to VV both Fox and Shimano are part of the discussions:

Mais, selon certaines sources, nous avons appris que l'activite moto serait definitivement terminee. La marque ne renaitra pas. En revanche, pour ce qui est du VTT, 3 ou 4 repreneurs seraient en train d'etudier le dossier. On parle d'une echeance dans deux semaines. Fox et Shimano feraient partie des possibles repreneurs. Dans deux semaines, l'info sera cette fois definitive

Translation

But according to some sources, we learned moto would definitely be over. The brand will not be reborn. However, in terms of the MTB, 3 or 4 buyers are looking into the case. There is talk of a deadline in two weeks. Fox and Shimano would be among the possible buyers. In two weeks; the info will be final this time.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

July 23, 2015, 10:39 a.m.

Have you watched any DH World Cups lately?

you sure they have air in them forks?