Juicy 5's vs El Camino's (should be easy choice but yea...)

April 7, 2007, 5:47 a.m.

hated my El Caminos…damn things would not stop my Devinci Ollie no matter what we did (serviced by official distrib., new pads, bled, new rotor, etc.)

even worse in wet weather…literally no stopping power

had a couple of sets here in the shop at the trails with similar problems, and equal number that have been good as gold..seem a bit hit and miss

loved my HFX-9s and Mags (especially the mags)

currently running Juicy 7s like the lever shape, modulation, not as much raw power as Hayes but way more controllable and way less hassle in terms of long term care (now on second season and not bled yet..)

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

April 7, 2007, 12:26 p.m.

Personal preference. Do you rather support the sram camp or the shimano camp? :)

lol im a sram man through and through after riding my mates bike a few times but i simply havent bothered to change from shimano yet considering my LX mech is running strong.

I think im slightly leaning towards Saints if they are really a "fit and forget" brake and i do prefer a harder lever feel. But ill try and get a try on some juicys and saints to see which i like more.

but anyway thanks guys youve all been a big help, apart from freak who providid no actual help lol

Yeah, deep penetration is pretty key. Unfortunately it can be hard to achieve, lubrication can definitely help in some cases.

April 9, 2007, 9:59 a.m.

juicy's.
Proven. Very happy with mine.

April 9, 2007, 11:29 a.m.

I've had ElCaminos, sold them right away as I was not at all impressed. To be fair though, I didn't give them much of a chance but Hayes already had 2 stirkes against them due to their HORRIBLE HFX-9s.

I got some Saints 2 seasons ago and aside from one bleed and a couple of pad changes, they've required NO maintenence.

I got some Juicy 5s with a new bike and after a couple rides I've decided to switch them out for my Saints before I sell the old bike. The fact is that even after two seasons, the Saints still kick so much ass I can't bear to part with them. If I didn't have the option to do this, I'd be OK with sticking with the Juicy 5s though. They're pretty decent (better than most I've tried), but the Saints are just that goood.

iforonewelcome.com

April 13, 2007, 11:51 p.m.

So the title pretty much explains all, which should i get.

The juicys have been on my shopping list for a while now and i have the cash so i was raring to go, as i went to order them an offer popped up on ChainReactionCycles for either a pair if 06 El camino's 8" for