Whistler Bike Park 2015

Aug. 2, 2015, 4:39 a.m.

BV was closed so somehow ended up in creekside? Sweet.

Aug. 2, 2015, 10:11 a.m.

BV was closed so somehow ended up in creekside? Sweet.

I'm not convinced she was actually on dustys, she said she was following a nice flowy new machine track, got to the machines, then roads and ski runs, and said only 1/4 of new trail was dug. Maybe got on FT? She did say there was sort of a closure she went through. Best story I heard all day, couldn't help but press her for details.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Aug. 2, 2015, 6:26 p.m.

I'm not convinced she was actually on dustys, she said she was following a nice flowy new machine track, got to the machines, then roads and ski runs, and said only 1/4 of new trail was dug. Maybe got on FT? She did say there was sort of a closure she went through. Best story I heard all day, couldn't help but press her for details.

I doubt the current state of una moss/freight train would inspire the term "smooth machine track".

I'd say she went down creekside.

Aug. 2, 2015, 10:36 p.m.

I doubt the current state of una moss/freight train would inspire the term "smooth machine track".

I'd say she went down creekside.

The photos she showed me looked more tore up than the FT stuff with the excavator tracks on it. I was trying again today to see where she went off.

Noticed and rode 7 year war for the first time too, is there potential to continue it?

I miss Crack Addict.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Aug. 3, 2015, 9:16 a.m.

Noticed and rode 7 year war for the first time too, is there potential to continue it?

I miss Crack Addict.

Yes, there's potential to continue it. Don't hold your breath.

Aug. 3, 2015, 10:16 a.m.

What is this?

Aug. 3, 2015, 10:24 a.m.

How busy is opening weekend of Crankworx usually? Thinking about heading back up this weekend but realized it's Cranworx time already! I always plan my trips around avoiding Crankworx as I want to avoid the shit show. I'm jonesin for some riding though, and don't want to wait another couple of weeks to ride up there. I was thinking the first weekend might be less busy than the last weekend, is that the case? Or is it just crazy from beginning to end?

Aug. 3, 2015, 12:56 p.m.

I have found things get busier as the event rolls on. Have a look at the Crankworx schedule to see what races affect what trails for closures. I know that around the 10, 11 [HTML_REMOVED] 12 there will be a fair bit closed due to the Garbanzo [HTML_REMOVED] Air DH training [HTML_REMOVED] races taking place.

Thread killer

Aug. 3, 2015, 1:01 p.m.

I'm headed up with friends on the 14th. They want to ride the park on the saturday but I'm thinking I'll go and ride pemberton with another buddy to avoid the insanity and geting 3 laps in… Anyone able to confirm this theory?

Aug. 3, 2015, 5:54 p.m.

What is this?

Starts off no joke and freight train/una moss. Sort of before the wallrides tunnel in the ever so short tree island. Single track, swoopy. Hard blue, easy single black type thing.

We wish to continue it in the future, but the name might give a clue to a future timeline.

Aug. 3, 2015, 7:46 p.m.

Im drawing a blank on where this new section of bv is. Can anybody fill me in? Also have no idea what una moss is. I dont explore much in garbo

Aug. 3, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

Im drawing a blank on where this new section of bv is. Can anybody fill me in? Also have no idea what una moss is. I dont explore much in garbo

No new section of blue velvet. Wood berm section of bv was redone. Una moss goes from roundhouse and will eventually link to top of creekside gondi. 7 years war is singletrack.

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:55 a.m.

One thing that I always wish for when I am at that junction after the BV wooden berm/ OS step up island, is that one day there could be a single track trail to the right that joins up with the junction for in deep/captain safety/lower BV. Seems like the perfect place to have one other option, everyone gets funnelled down that bit of BV to bear cub which features the biggest braking bumps on the hill. There used to be a bit of redemption with Whitesnake (RIP), not a fan of fire road riding so bear cub is out and GG is cool and gnarly, just not an every day kind of trail for me :). First world wbp problems I know… Looking forward to parking at creekside and avoiding the village (had to park at base 2 this weekend) The bike park is a blast as always!

Aug. 4, 2015, 1:42 p.m.

Will there be a new map published for the Creekside zone soon?

Aug. 4, 2015, 2:53 p.m.

Wow, just checked out 7 Year War today. Cool! I thought it was a nice alternative to the seemingly endless fireroad in the middle of No Joke/FT now that the wallride tunnel is closed.