Wall ride in whistler....

May 19, 2006, 11:53 a.m.

Hey everybody,
I saw this pic on the gravity camps news bulliten, and I was wondering where this wallride is in whistler? I'm not very good at riding walls so this might be good to practice on.

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

May 19, 2006, 12:07 p.m.

there are some easy ones like that down easy does it..i suck at it too

May 19, 2006, 12:08 p.m.

I am pretty sure that thing is located on Original Sin on Garbanzo right after the big step-up that you hit as you race across some ski run…….there is a road that you end up on after the step-up that looks like that one in the picture and it has several pseudo wall rides like that. If you continue down that road you will eventually get to In Deep and can hit Captain Safety and/or Fatcrobat…….great run! I hope this helps (and is correct).

May 19, 2006, 12:21 p.m.

I am pretty sure that thing is located on Original Sin on Garbanzo right after the big step-up that you hit as you race across some ski run…….there is a road that you end up on after the step-up that looks like that one in the picture and it has several pseudo wall rides like that. If you continue down that road you will eventually get to In Deep and can hit Captain Safety and/or Fatcrobat…….great run! I hope this helps (and is correct).

You are correct sir!

I am talking here like I am some kind of expert… but that is where it is… Original Sin!

www.steedcycles.com

May 19, 2006, 12:34 p.m.

there are some easy ones like that down easy does it..i suck at it too

Thanks everyone for your help, but anyway, I thought the one on easy does it is fairly large?

May 19, 2006, 12:35 p.m.

Well you don't have to go all the way up…

-m

May 19, 2006, 12:37 p.m.

I have another question then, I have seen this trail on a head cam video where some guy was riding 4 dark green wooden wallrides all in a row. Two walls on each side and you ride them consecitively, does anyone know where that is?

May 19, 2006, 12:39 p.m.

I have another question then, I have seen this trail on a head cam video where some guy was riding 4 dark green wooden wallrides all in a row. Two walls on each side and you ride them consecitively, does anyone know where that is?

crank it up, its past b-line and fantastic

May 19, 2006, 1:09 p.m.

Its at the bottom of this:

I didn't take this photo. I did TRY to find the original post, but failed. Whoever took it, its a great shot! Sorry for not being able to give out the proper credit!

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

May 19, 2006, 1:28 p.m.

Yah, thats a good shot, just wondering though, is that a drop or a ride down at the end?

May 19, 2006, 1:34 p.m.

Yah, thats a good shot, just wondering though, is that a drop or a ride down at the end?

For me its a crash!

www.steedcycles.com

May 19, 2006, 3:16 p.m.

yo, air supplier, do the wallrides on crank it up, they're the best to learn on imo. i was bad at them last year but i got better using those ones. they're easy and hard at your own capability because the higher you go the crazyer and better they feel.

life is like the sickest trail you can ever think of. it keeps on going, over all the bumps and mud, through the beautiful breezy grass, past the stunning epic views and sailing in the air during the hangtime. and at the end we all roll on ok, ready for yet another trail. another day.

May 19, 2006, 3:42 p.m.

Sweet, I have to hit those up then!

May 19, 2006, 4:01 p.m.

yeah …they are fun , but last year I found that by the time u reached the last one u did't have enough speed/momentum to stay on the wall. My bro, me and 2 more riders in a row all slid off the last wall. sooo….. keep ur speed up!

My dog Rules! He rides more stunts than U!

May 19, 2006, 5:05 p.m.

Well, I guess you could just not do the last one. But I should be careful then, because whenever I attempt a wallride, I always dont lean enough and slide off it. :lol: