regular silverstar riders

Dec. 18, 2007, 11:53 a.m.

i was planning my trip up there for the week july 12-17 but i just looked on thier site and i see that is when the drumming thing is on. my question is how bad is the noise up there? the crowd, i don't care about, its the sitting havin a beer and the pounding. Is it really bad?

Dec. 18, 2007, 12:09 p.m.

I was up there riding during that event last summer. No crowds and no drinking distractions (if anything could actually throw you off that). You could hear the piping all the way up the mountain, it helps to keep your rhythm on rock star.

Dec. 18, 2007, 12:13 p.m.

cool thanks for the quick reply, i guess we r a go.(love rockstar)

Dec. 20, 2007, 9:26 p.m.

yo dude, i was at silver star almost everyday during the summer. It was super sick and is definitley worth coming out next year. If anything don't come out during the bagpipe thing. I actually got so annoyed. But its not a big deal if you aren't annoyed by that stuff. Ps. You could hear it on the top of the lift.

Dec. 20, 2007, 10:28 p.m.

I love bagpipes, I think it would be great to listen to that while riding. I may
have to go there during that just to ride with some pipes in the background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShRk7nNnSvg[HTML_REMOVED]feature=related

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Jan. 7, 2008, 11:38 p.m.

If your gonna be up there a few days ,,,,those drums and bag pipes get annoying as hell…….they echo through the whole dammm mtn!!!

Feb. 2, 2008, 8:56 p.m.

You guys obviously aren't scottish if you find the pipes annoying! Must be English.

Feb. 2, 2008, 9:20 p.m.

You guys obviously aren't scottish if you find the pipes annoying! Must be English.

It would be something that would make me WANT to go…love the sound, echoing
off the mountains…

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Feb. 2, 2008, 9:50 p.m.

i am still on the fence, 1 day is one thing but 4 days……………..i will e-mail the guy i rent the house from soon and see what he has to say. i am a polack.

Feb. 3, 2008, 9:08 p.m.

You could hear the piping all the way up the mountain.

That was coyotes.

Wasn't it ?

:high:

Feb. 3, 2008, 9:55 p.m.

I think the main concern here is that you are questioning riding, and riding at silverstar at that. Endless berms, tables, immaculate trails, minimal/no line ups - there could be a bed shitter club meeting going on up there and I'd still ride.

Feb. 3, 2008, 9:57 p.m.

I think the main concern here is that you are questioning riding, and riding at silverstar at that. Endless berms, tables, immaculate trails, minimal/no line ups - there could be a bed shitter club meeting going on up there and I'd still ride.

second that….turn up the ipod

Feb. 4, 2008, 9:01 a.m.

silverstar is wicked! they have the smoothest, flowiest berms around. and there are no lines. The dh track is awesome, with two 60 foot wallrides. go, you will enjoy it.

GeoffGangGang

Feb. 4, 2008, 9:35 a.m.

We were there last year during the entire bagpipe/drum event and you just tune it out after a while. Besides, it really isn't that bad :) And with the extra people in the village, it doesn't feel nearly as empty as usual either!

Because of the large amount of extra people, places book up faster, but since you have a place already, that is not a concern.

I would say go for it.

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Feb. 5, 2008, 1:54 p.m.

We were there last year during the entire bagpipe/drum event and you just tune it out after a while. Besides, it really isn't that bad And with the extra people in the village, it doesn't feel nearly as empty as usual either!

Because of the large amount of extra people, places book up faster, but since you have a place already, that is not a concern.

I would say go for it.

thanks for the input guys, we were there last year and the riding is (imo) as good as WBP and i ride WBP alot. me, my wife and 2 teenage boys have season passes for whistler. its nice to go to SS to ride something different. we like that week cuz its my son's b-day so we go up there. my wife says yup cuz the noise scares the bears away. we had acouple of close calls at WBP last year. seand u made up my mind…..we r a go!