winter rides & community

Jan. 20, 2012, 11:03 a.m.

I've never found the local riding community to be antisocial or exclusive at all. I've got two friends who just started riding that have made riding buddies on the trails. I'm a headphones on, head down, solo guy for the most part and I meet people all the time.

That being said, it's not like it's a pick-up game of beach volleyball out there either, especially at this time of year. The best way to link up is on the trails. Then you at least know you've got a similar pace, skill level and schedule going. You're more likely to meet up with a random, casual group in the parking lot, etc during the warmer months.

Jan. 20, 2012, 11:37 a.m.

I just don't like new people getting all up in my grill bros!

Wrong. Always.

Jan. 20, 2012, 5:57 p.m.

[QUOTE=ol' dirty;2609718]I've never found the local riding community to be antisocial or exclusive at all. I've got two friends who just started riding that have made riding buddies on the trails. I'm a headphones on, head down, solo guy for the most part and I meet people all the time.

That being said, it's not like it's a pick-up game of beach volleyball out there either, especially at this time of year. The best way to link up is on the trails. Then you at least know you've got a similar pace, skill level and schedule going. You're more likely to meet up with a random, casual group in the parking lot, etc during the warmer months.

100% of the people I ride with, I met while riding.

Jan. 21, 2012, 7:15 p.m.

anyone want to work on community and go for a snow ride in the next hour or two?

fromme or seymour

Seymour is pretty clear lower down right now, just FYI. The mud and creeks are DEEP however, so be prepared to have soaking wet feet.

And I agree, meeting people in Vancouver is certainly no easy task, especially after having lived in Bellingham and having been absorbed into the very social riding community almost instantly.

Jan. 21, 2012, 8:29 p.m.

It would be pretty easy to just do a weekly NSMB whoever-wants-to-come ride where you say meet at 10:00am at the outhouses on Fromme and ride a loop of whatever has been set. It would offer that teenage-nerd-chatroom-girlfriend-first-meet feeling which many haven't experienced since the 90s.

Jan. 22, 2012, 12:12 p.m.

It would be pretty easy to just do a weekly NSMB whoever-wants-to-come ride where you say meet at 10:00am at the outhouses on Fromme and ride a loop of whatever has been set. It would offer that teenage-nerd-chatroom-girlfriend-first-meet feeling which many haven't experienced since the 90s.

Great idea.

Jan. 22, 2012, 1:33 p.m.

Not sure where this perseption comes from? I have found most of the locals to be freindly. I've never had any issues with finding people to ride with. I'm not shy about striking up conversations with other riders wich helps. There's always NSride. Go to NSride.com for details. Lot's of freindly people to ride with and a good way to find new areas to ride. I'm the only ass hole in the group. : )

Master of Puppets