sprained wrist

April 26, 2005, 8:27 p.m.

last sunday i sprained my wrist on Gold at the woodlot. now its tuesday, and its feeling alot better, and next weekend is whistler opening day.

Should i take it easy on the wrist and skip whistler, or do you think if will be healed (or close enough) for next sunday?

How well do wrist braces work? im not sure if i should look into getting a cheapo one so i can still ride for the day.

April 26, 2005, 8:43 p.m.

last week i hurt my wrist playing some crazy one on one badmitton. And on last sunday i almost broke my hand punching something (very stupid move) its a little sore right now, but im still given'r for whistler on sunday. But if you are of working class, i might suggest against it because you may be risking a pay check for a few hours of enjoyment. maybe just give'r a try next weekend. Whistler will be the same.

April 26, 2005, 8:52 p.m.

Depends what you did to your wrist. Generally a little ice'll do the trick. Wrist braces are no help. If you can't hang onto your bar, you can't ride. Try something local (and moderate first), then hit Whistler if all goes well.

Just pay attention to how it feels. If it hurts a lot, rest it.

"Everybody loves something, even if its just tortillas"

April 26, 2005, 11:08 p.m.

Dude, you're asking medical advise on this board? Go to your doctor or physio if you are concerned about your wrist

It's all about fun.

My Blog

April 26, 2005, 11:26 p.m.

Dokter NSMB says:

In Soviet Russia, wrist sprains YOU.

I'd hold off if you actually did sprain your wrist. Which, by the sounds of it, you didn't.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

April 27, 2005, 12:29 a.m.

what im trying to ask is; is it possible to start riding again one week after spraining your wrist? im asking here because your the people that would know when you could ride again. i have gone to see a doctor already, went on the way home after the ride. he said it was sprained and that there was not alot he could do for it except wrap it up to keep it from moving.

April 27, 2005, 1:22 a.m.

It is possible to ride with a damaged wrist (sprained or otherwise) - whether it will be enjoyable is another matter…

Personal experience: I mashed my hand up really badly playing rugby (bones slightly misplaced, ligament and tendon stretching), but could weight train without pain simply by wrapping the wrist/hand effectively. I went for a ride within a week and a half and it wasn't too bad (just swelled up a lot), and I had it strapped really well.

Keep in mind that Whistler is a whole other animal and each person's wrist and injury is different… seeking professional advice (not my random advice based on experience) is probably your best option.

April 27, 2005, 2:41 a.m.

whistler is open all summer, no?

April 27, 2005, 11:03 a.m.

Give er.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.