Shoulder Surgery

Oct. 17, 2011, 7:11 a.m.

Has anyone had shoulder surgery to repair a dislocated shoulder? Mine popped out for the 6th time yesterday and it happedned when I was riding uphill. I thinks its time I get in line but I'm wondering if anyone here has had the procedure. Did it help? How long were you out?
Thanks

Oct. 17, 2011, 7:30 a.m.

Tell yer MD you would like to go here:

http://www.jpcbc.com/

their the best around…

Oct. 17, 2011, 2:25 p.m.

Hey. Got mine done a number of years ago. Out at UBC hospital. Has been good ever since. Knock on wood. Rehab is a b**ch. Good luck.

Oct. 17, 2011, 5:36 p.m.

my buddy had it done and he was off the bike for about 6 months. he says it is much better now though.

Oct. 18, 2011, 8:44 a.m.

Had a total rebuild in 2006 (three tendons reattached)rehab is long and tough but do it all and don't push harder then your told or it'll do more damage and take far longer.Your probably looking at 2 years until full recovery.Good Luck!!Oh and Bill Regan out at UBC is the best there is at shoulders waiting list is long but worth it.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Oct. 20, 2011, 12:49 a.m.

that sucks man! I had my left shoulder done, 4 pins and 2 small scars it's called a bankart repair.

I was only off my bike for 4 months and within 6 months I was fully recovered.

The amount of time your off your bike depends mostly on the procedure.

Look into the physio route also, it can be very effective and you don't have to get cut open. Physio has worked (so far) for my right shoulder but if I let my exercises slip for a few weeks my shoulder goes wonky again.

Good luck with it!