Pay parking on seymour?

Jan. 29, 2003, 2:38 p.m.

Can't you park at the mall beside the coffee shop at the bottom of Seymour???

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Jan. 29, 2003, 3:25 p.m.

Sideshow - I'm too fat for cove WCsuperstars' training ride… but i'll will be on fromme this eve anyways

So is COve carrying '03Balfa??! Would you disown if I bought a Bullit instead of Peeler?

"did you know that if you mix equal parts OJ and gasoline you can make napalm?"

NSMBA member.

Jan. 29, 2003, 4:21 p.m.

yo tyler are you night riding???? or goin earlier. Still no clue as to yer ID. You've peaked my curiouso, don't know too many dirtbag mtbers that go to Crush. BTW we thought that place was pretty rad, kinda clubby but you can still chat.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Jan. 29, 2003, 4:23 p.m.

if you buy a bullit rather than a peeler, you crazy mang!!

bullit cool-peeler mucho better!!!!!!

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Jan. 29, 2003, 4:23 p.m.

grouse ride friday at 11 .. whos in ?

Funn stem and bar - 20 bucks

Jan. 30, 2003, 12:24 p.m.

Er… The rules will apply to all provincial parks. That includes the bits of Cypress that are in Cypress Provincial Park. Best guess is IMPARK or some other outfit will contract to do this and 50% of the $ collected will go to the province, 50% to the company, so they can pay someone the lowest minimum wage in North America to give tickets. The province is being economical with the truth when they say the money you pay will all go to parks.
Read the Stewardship Panel's report. The panel was specifically told that the govt isn't interested in arguments like: "BC's Parks pay for themselves many times over in economic activity in the province" Bob Peart said (in code) afterwards essentially that the panel's recommendations were ignored except they were "used" to justify sticking it to park-using taxpayers.
Wake up, people. We are legitimate park users. We can't be silent on this issue.
How much does it cost BC to maintain a parking lot?
Yet we have $2billion dollars to give back to the richest people in BC last year? By the way, BC already had more millionaires than any other canadian province, so I personally doubt we needed more tax incentives to encourage them to live here.
If they DO make us shell out $75 to use Seymour, let's at least stop skulking around and expect to be treated as legitimate users of the park.

Waterweasel
North Vancouver

WaterWeasel
North Vancouver

Jan. 30, 2003, 3:02 p.m.

Just get rid of Campbell before we move back home would you???

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Jan. 30, 2003, 3:09 p.m.

Oh yeah, cause Campbell is soooo much worse than the other three criminals that ran this province so deeply into debt before him, right?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 30, 2003, 3:11 p.m.

campbell is actually trying to get us out of debt, better than the previous 3 like KenN said …

Jan. 30, 2003, 3:14 p.m.

I would take a drunk over someone who pissed away 400 million on a bunch of useless ferries anyday

Jan. 30, 2003, 4:10 p.m.

Just because G Clark was a maniac, doesn't mean we deserve as premier a drunk who:
is selling off 1/3 of BC Hydro in a secret deal to the guys who used to be Enron's Management Consultants (Accenture used to be called Arthur Andersen Consulting) [if you want to see illegal activity and pissing away money, look to Enron's management to see how it's done in style….]
Is gutting BC's school budget
Is handing over piles of money to his cronies in tax breaks and lucrative "P3" contracts where the crony makes the money and the taxpayer takes the risk
And who is in fact going to be the first sitting Canadian Premier convicted of a criminal offence. (I could go on….)
Raise your sights a bit, Rat [HTML_REMOVED] Bullit kid. BC deserves far, far better than this.
Nickel and diming visitors, and handing over BC parks to Impark and whatever small operator will do garbage collection for cheapest, with 1 staff per 6 parks doesn't seem much of a vision for this wonderful place, to me.

WaterWeasel
North Vancouver

Feb. 1, 2003, 3:02 p.m.

Be happy, Onterrible charges between 5 and 12 dollars (more for parks near urban centres like seymour) for parking within Provincial Parks. if it cuts down on the number of Bozo's thrashing the Seymour trails then go for it…Just keep them the hell away from Cypress…

Just my two cents…

Feb. 1, 2003, 5:40 p.m.

If people want to see what this idiotic mindset can accomplish, come to Ontario. It ain't a pretty sight. By the way, how come nobody ever admits to voting for these goofuses?
And why is everybody so nice to Mike Harcourt now, now that he can't walk?
Paying for parking is not such a bad idea if the province actually gets to keep the money. But studies show that privatization doesn't save any money in the long run.

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Feb. 5, 2003, 11:13 a.m.

I could really care less who gets the money…If it cuts the traffic down on Seymour then I'm all for it. The mountain, as it is currently laid out, puts 90% of the traffic onto one trail, then does little to spread them out. Neds has become a complete nightmare, and will be followed shortly by others if the shuttle monster isn't held in check…its a shame that this wont work either…lets just call it a complete lack of planning…

Feb. 5, 2003, 2:19 p.m.

No, just an idealistic opinion.

Ride More Bitch Less