No not now!

Feb. 2, 2003, 5:48 p.m.

well I was riding at the skate park today doin some lines in the bowl i roll in my front tire gives out i put my left foot down , i sprain the living hell out of it.:(
and i have to go to red bull in 2 weeks:(
any suggestions on how i could heal faster?? besides
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

and Accupuncture.

any tips??
:( :(

Andrew Cho

GT Bikes
http://www.gtbicycles.com

Feb. 2, 2003, 5:56 p.m.

You're comin down for Red Bull :dog: ? Rad, it should be a perfect course for you.

As far as getting better, it really depends on the severity of the strain, some last longer than broken bones :eek: However, just pretend to yourself that it's not that bad, and see if you can ride around on it a little later… usually you can just tough them out :cool:

I hope you're not in the same boat as me, I can't go to the Red Bull thing because I'll flunk highschool if I miss that weekend :eek: pretty harsh, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Banshee Bikes

Disobey

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:01 p.m.

ill go for you cho

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:01 p.m.

which red bull are u going to cho?
accupuntuncture rules!

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:12 p.m.

just don't move it for a while… keep it still

CHRINN

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:16 p.m.

You want to ice it up good so that swelling doesn't cause more tissue damage.

But you also want to work on mobility so that any torn tissue doesn't scar up.

So ice it, for a couple days, then easy stretching exercises (rotating your ankle in a big circle) with icing in between. Increase the stretching as the days go by, and when it feels stronger, work on strengthening the muscles around it. Standing on one foot and swinging the other leg with arms held out is good for balance, and therefore good for strength. Also, rocker exercises work very well.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:19 p.m.

if you want to keep riding tape the injury extremely tight so it doesnt get any blood flow to cause the inflamation

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:21 p.m.

not good andrew,

spend less time riding mroe time resting, even though im sure your gonna wanna practise .. :(

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:24 p.m.

you'll be fine chodogger

now i'm so fresh you could smell me through a ziplock.

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:41 p.m.

Originally posted by Count Blah
dont ice it….. if it doesnt get better in a couple days goto a doctor….
my dad had a pinched nerve and he put ice on his ankle for like 2 months….. and it couldnt be fixed cuz he iced it and it was also too small to operate on

:rolleyes:

You always ice a sprain - the sooner, the better.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:43 p.m.

Me and you cho we'll be swellin the beers and chasing the women, me with my neck brace and you with your crutches
hahaha!

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:50 p.m.

my dad had a pinched nerve and he put ice on his ankle for like 2 months….. and it couldnt be fixed cuz he iced it and it was also too small to operate on

don't lissen to blah andrew, he is just trying to make you loose.:rolleyes:

CHRINN

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:51 p.m.

A pinched nerve isn't a sprained ankle but thanks for trying. Pinching a nerve has to do with a completely different thing.

ICE IS GOOD! Ice for 10 let off for 20, ice for 10, let off for 20. Repeat for 2 hours then take a big break.

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and

Feb. 2, 2003, 6:57 p.m.

im goin to freezride, thx for the tipz guys!
looks like i may be pimpin it up w/ Preston:thepimp: oh wait im too young for bars:(

Andrew Cho

GT Bikes
http://www.gtbicycles.com

Feb. 2, 2003, 7:04 p.m.

Lay down some $$$ and go to the Physio. for some Ultrasound
[HTML_REMOVED] other modalities.

I have had great success getting people back on bikes/running etc. w/ the right treatment.