Nationals

Aug. 26, 2010, 10:27 a.m.

Do not build whoops between one high speed section leading into another, the reason the whoops were there on the Canadian Open track was to slow riders down for the next feature. I personally thought the course was great except for a few things:

-Have experienced racers help design the course, thats why all the good courses are so great!(Tyler Morland/Kenny Smith - Canadian Open, Ewan Fafard - Arduum, Claudio Calouri - Champery…)
-The uphill on the nationals course was painful, I don't believe in uphills in a downhill race.
-Drainage and armoring issues in the main rock garden, and new woods section for CC.
-Finish should be lower down and closer to the lift to allow for SUPERBOOTERS! Heck even bring the finish down to the parking lot and make a set of them leading into it going down that hill.(and have it a mandatory ride around for anyone but pro/jr ex.)
-Larger berms armored in(ie. sections like bottom of the first chute after the ski run)

Aug. 26, 2010, 1:26 p.m.

Sections that make people think, or make one person get on the brakes more than another…. well that's racing and the person who deals with it best will probably have a good result. Its a thin line between that and being dangerous.

great answer! I totally agree.

Aug. 26, 2010, 1:34 p.m.

Do not build whoops between one high speed section leading into another, the reason the whoops were there on the Canadian Open track was to slow riders down for the next feature. I personally thought the course was great except for a few things:

-Have experienced racers help design the course, thats why all the good courses are so great!(Tyler Morland/Kenny Smith - Canadian Open, Ewan Fafard - Arduum, Claudio Calouri - Champery…)
-The uphill on the nationals course was painful, I don't believe in uphills in a downhill race.
-Drainage and armoring issues in the main rock garden, and new woods section for CC.
-Finish should be lower down and closer to the lift to allow for SUPERBOOTERS! Heck even bring the finish down to the parking lot and make a set of them leading into it going down that hill.(and have it a mandatory ride around for anyone but pro/jr ex.)
-Larger berms armored in(ie. sections like bottom of the first chute after the ski run)

Totally agree on the help with the track design, but senior management at Pano made a mistake in my opinion and the expert help chose not to be involved.

Drainage is a real problem being there is a natural spring very close to the rock garden, it would take a substantial amount of effort to deal with it. We have also had way more rain this year than in the previous 6 that I have been here. I thought West Coast guys liked the wet stuff???

Berms?? I prefer flat corners, anyone can rail berms.