mission dh race track?

March 30, 2005, 10:55 p.m.

hey guys i want to get into racing
i ride a hard tail and ive heard good things about the dh race course in mission bc
and i was wondering if anyone had any info? or a web site i could go to to get info about what its all about?
thanks guys

I AM THE FREERIDER

March 30, 2005, 11:26 p.m.

Originally posted by freerider
hey guys i want to get into racing
i ride a hard tail and ive heard good things about the dh race course in mission bc
and i was wondering if anyone had any info? or a web site i could go to to get info about what its all about?
thanks guys

http://www.bearmountainchallenge.com/index.php

But the website isn't up to date usually until closer to the race.

The trail is on Dewdney Trunk at the Mission end. Opposite the road from the gun club is Mill Pond. Park in the lot at Mill Pond, and go around to the right, the trail goes in there, just follow it up and stick to the main, well-worn trail. You'll know you're at the top when you come out in a clear area at the end of a road with a big start ramp.

If you can't find it, stop at Wentings Cycle in Mission (right across from the West Coast Express station when you go through heading east) for more info.

A heads up, make sure your car is locked and any valuables out of sight. Cars have been broken into there in the past.

March 31, 2005, 8:26 p.m.

are you able to ride the trail now to get used to it

I AM THE FREERIDER

March 31, 2005, 9:53 p.m.

Originally posted by freerider
are you able to ride the trail now to get used to it

i think you can always ride the trail, but unless the gate's open you can't shuttle it

March 31, 2005, 10:36 p.m.

LG is right, the trail is always open (it's a multi-use trail) but the gate on the road around the back is always locked.

When it gets closer to race time, they sometimes have shuttle days for people who help work on the courses.

April 1, 2005, 7:51 p.m.

Good course for sure, not too rough on a hardtail, and I think they even have a hardtail category.

Tis a very fun race, it was my first race too, I raced hardtail on it back in 2002.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.