Official 2010 F1 Thread

Aug. 1, 2010, 11:21 p.m.

While I was, [HTML_REMOVED] am a huge fan of the great Ferrari/Schumi days, that was a completely reckless [HTML_REMOVED] dangerous move from Schumi today. Ruben's dislike for him will grow more from this. Michael should retire.

Thread killer

Aug. 2, 2010, 12:31 a.m.

Schumacher isn't the only driver that would cut in like that.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 2, 2010, 3:02 a.m.

yes he is. he pulled worse shit in montreal.

Aug. 2, 2010, 7:45 a.m.

Watch some vids of Senna racing.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 2, 2010, 1:51 p.m.

RBR…yesssss

Schumi should retire. he's just messing up his legacy now

Aug. 2, 2010, 10:23 p.m.

What a legacy of having a team built around you, a car designed for your driving style and upgrades before your teammate who still has to move over if he's faster than you ?

Some legacy.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Aug. 2, 2010, 10:28 p.m.

When he went to Ferrari he took a lot of people with him, and he does have the ability to drive at the limit for long times in poor track conditions.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Aug. 2, 2010, 11:12 p.m.

Yes he built the team around him and he usually had the best car on the grid. Senna joined a great team where the worlds best driver was already established and he beat him. That's why Senna can be called a great and Schumacher only a very good.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Aug. 3, 2010, 1:07 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE-Fge3gN9w

Aug. 3, 2010, 9:52 p.m.

Formula 1 is as much about the driver as it is about the car.

Schumacher benefited from driving for the team that had the ability to pour billions at it's F1 team and subsequently walked away with as many championships as he did.

Senna was brilliant, but again, his finer days were a result of a partnership with Honda that granted McLaren access to the most powerful engines on the kid at the time. When Honda left F1, Senna's performance was enough to garner him a World Championship, and his time at Williams was certainly not up to the same level as when he was at McLaren.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Aug. 3, 2010, 10:18 p.m.

Senna didn't actually win a championship without a Honda engine.

He also raced only two races in the very under-developed, but fundamentally good Williams before he was killed in the third, so I'm not sure what 'level' you are talking about. However, he put the car on pole in those first three races and lapped Damon Hill in the first. If you remember Hill was battling with Schumacher for the championship by the end of the year so it's fair to say Senna would have walked the championship in his first year for Williams. The same could have been said for following years which would have drastically changed Schumacher's record.

- Morgman

Aug. 3, 2010, 10:24 p.m.

I say Schumi is the best ever. Remember he became a world champ with Benetton before Ferrari. Having said that, his best days are definitely behind him. It was a mistake to come back.

Thread killer

Aug. 4, 2010, 12:07 a.m.

F1 is too much about the car than the driver now. There is too much downforce and not enough mechanical grip and power.

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

Aug. 4, 2010, 12:14 a.m.

lol at the required 3" clearance for the front wing

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Aug. 4, 2010, 3:52 a.m.

i still gotta support the only great Canadian driver. I really do hope his son comes back and races though.