MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

May 29, 2010, 1:41 p.m.

I guess I need a spark arrestor before I can ride at bear creek?

May 29, 2010, 1:52 p.m.

silencer if over 96 and spark arrestor or they will ask you to leave and 3rd party insurance, conservation and RCMP are working to check and ticket.

I personally think this is a great idea as the government has led the charge by giving funding first to clubs so they can trail build and have signage etc. Now it is our turn to pony up and buy a BCORMA Platinum Pass and put our money where our mouth is…the money goes directly into our riding areas and you do need to have 3rd party liability…

Platinum pass is 140.00 right now and if you already have a BCORMA Trail Pass they will take that off so $110.00 great deal for a year.. http://wwwbcorma.ca

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

May 29, 2010, 3:49 p.m.

silencer if over 96 and spark arrestor or they will ask you to leave and 3rd party insurance, conservation and RCMP are working to check and ticket.

I personally think this is a great idea as the government has led the charge by giving funding first to clubs so they can trail build and have signage etc. Now it is our turn to pony up and buy a BCORMA Platinum Pass and put our money where our mouth is…the money goes directly into our riding areas and you do need to have 3rd party liability…

Platinum pass is 140.00 right now and if you already have a BCORMA Trail Pass they will take that off so $110.00 great deal for a year.. http://wwwbcorma.ca

Firstly, i agree with a lot of the benefits of the 3rd party insurance and teh whole ideal of the partnership with the province, the BCORMA, and all its invested users and trail workers.

But, if you look at the insurance policy it excludes some pretty regular activities in a trail ride, like hill climbing, and jumping. Which makes me wonder if is a real insurance or policy that is meant to only report, and track the # of riders who are complying with their minimum coverage standards.

Also says it is not any good for some one with out a DL, so a 15 YO rider is not covered. I would be all for paying, if i was covered for pretty normal activities and if some one else is injured when im climbing a hill, and they may be descending it. Which is a pretty likely scenario to involve an instance where no coverage would be awarded.

Just trying to examine the whole thing on a realistic basis.

WTF, Over?

May 31, 2010, 12:40 a.m.

Hey

Looking for a 300 ktm or a newer husky anyone know of a good deal or a lead?

May 31, 2010, 4:43 a.m.

Hey

Looking for a 300 ktm or a newer husky anyone know of a good deal or a lead?

husky while viable has even less suprt than KTM. I would just go 300 if i where you.

May 31, 2010, 9:08 a.m.

husky while viable has even less suprt than KTM. I would just go 300 if i where you.

buddy from work wants a newer bike to replace his stolen one. ive got an rm 250 that im happy with. Thinking about picking up a motard this summer

May 31, 2010, 9:08 a.m.

Firstly, i agree with a lot of the benefits of the 3rd party insurance and teh whole ideal of the partnership with the province, the BCORMA, and all its invested users and trail workers.

But, if you look at the insurance policy it excludes some pretty regular activities in a trail ride, like hill climbing, and jumping. Which makes me wonder if is a real insurance or policy that is meant to only report, and track the # of riders who are complying with their minimum coverage standards.

Also says it is not any good for some one with out a DL, so a 15 YO rider is not covered. I would be all for paying, if i was covered for pretty normal activities and if some one else is injured when im climbing a hill, and they may be descending it. Which is a pretty likely scenario to involve an instance where no coverage would be awarded.

Just trying to examine the whole thing on a realistic basis.

If BCORMA does not cover what you want then you can easily go through ICBC and include insurance on your bike as well….basically I think they give you half price with your BCORMA Trail Pass - $30.00

Beats getting a ticket which can start at $350.00 for being on loggng roads, even if your just crossing them to access more trails. Heard they were out on vedder a week or so back…it is your choice obviously but just spreading the word…

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

May 31, 2010, 9:20 a.m.

Just had a great weekend of wet riding in Kamloops with old man Enns, Scott Velez, and Jason Winters. We got worked over real good. Bryon is a beast on that 690. He rode everything (albeit we stayed away from the difficult stuff ;) )

I found a new favourite riding spot on the western side of Chewels mountain. We went up and rode the Dragon Spray race course. The race was cancelled because it was too wet, but conditions were sooooo good! Wet loam and bald roots everywhere. Unreal traction and speed.

At Inks Lake, we couldn't ride some areas because of epic mud and over flowing creek beds. It was nuts lower down, but higher up conditions were great. 3 days of rain will do that I suppose.

Watching Enns get that pig stuck was a real treat. Of course, we never offered help.

This was normally a dry section of trail, but now it was a river:

This deep little bugger was harder than it looked:

May 31, 2010, 12:48 p.m.

If BCORMA does not cover what you want then you can easily go through ICBC and include insurance on your bike as well….basically I think they give you half price with your BCORMA Trail Pass - $30.00

Beats getting a ticket which can start at $350.00 for being on loggng roads, even if your just crossing them to access more trails. Heard they were out on vedder a week or so back…it is your choice obviously but just spreading the word…

Agreed on both points no harm in spreading the word on this Dave. Way better than a ticket and the static from the cops or CO's or whom ever enforces this… But third party wont cover your bike no matter what, from what i understand. I could be wrong though? I think it is a good idea, genrally but from how i read it, your third party coverage is void in a lot of trail riding conditions. Like hill climbs?

Not that i wont get a trail pass/insurance, but i think people need to be aware of what is covered under that policy.

The ICBC policy to cover a off road bike is pretty damn $$ and most would not get it based on it's cost.

WTF, Over?

May 31, 2010, 12:51 p.m.

Wayne, that looks pretty ugly where the KTM is stuck.

WTF, Over?

May 31, 2010, 12:57 p.m.

I didn't think it was that bad as I rolled right on through no prob. ;)

May 31, 2010, 1:43 p.m.

I didn't think it was that bad as I rolled right on through no prob. ;)

the real question is how on earth did you convince Scott to ride trail, and will he ever do it again?

May 31, 2010, 2:10 p.m.

I was thinking the same thing especially in that condition.

BTW, Kamloops mud is definitely something else. Took me more than an hour just to get all the caked mud off my bike last week.

May 31, 2010, 3:38 p.m.

Scott was a trooper. A tad grumpy after one too many bog holes but a trooper nonetheless. :P Next time they come up and it dries out I'm taking them onto the hard trails.

The mud is different higher up. You guys were riding in glacial silt at Duffy. That shit is hard to walk on let alone ride on without slipping. The higher we went the better. We got into rock and loam and very good traction.

May 31, 2010, 3:44 p.m.

This wild, and I'm sure you guys will recognize the last name, but Eli Tomac just won his first pro motocross race at Hangtown. Not only his first win but his first race as a professional! How's that for a bloodline.

http://www.hookit.com/members/etomac/