Mass shooting in Florida.

June 21, 2016, 3:07 p.m.

If I was advocating for confiscating every firearm, you might, might have a valid point. I wasn't.

Common sense legislation, like background checks and making sure people on the no-fly list cant legally buy or possess weapons, storage laws etc could each REDUCE the number of gun related deaths and produce a cumulative reduction in gun related deaths without meaningfully effecting legal gun ownership by responsible people. If a piece of legislation can reduce the number of gun related deaths, even by 1%, without meaningfully effecting law abiding gun owners, what exactly is the reason behind opposing that legislation?

Legislating seatbelts in cars didn't prevent loss of life in every accident, it did have a reductive effect though.

So do you think that laws will be listened to by the criminals that currently choose to ignore them? Is going after law abiding citizens with more laws going to solve the criminal and mental elements of the human animal? Interesting logic.

Perhaps every car should have a breathalyzer start system, even if it should only apply to 1% of the criminals that drive drunk. Imagine how much safer the children will be playing on the streets.

jbazz logic:

June 21, 2016, 3:10 p.m.

here's what I don't get about the pro gun / anti control / NRA argument . . . why wouldn't they want to make it tougher for the crazies , that is , not the type of law abiding citizens they claim to represent and protect , to get their hands on weapons ?

after all , if it is those mentally unstable / terrorist / criminals that are using their product(s) which are making them look bad , why wouldn't they want to try and exclude them from using said products ?

surely those law abiding citizens wouldn't mind waiting a little longer to get their firearms if it meant those that shouldn't have them , couldn't get them ?

am I making sense ?

I think the backlash against increased screening probably comes from a belief that it if they give a little, they risk losing a lot.

Personally, I support licensing, but it is absolutely true that registration can be a tool for confiscation and licenses could be used to help implement bans, confiscation etc…

Our system has issues and will do nothing to prevent a criminal from obtaining a firearm. I would hope it may stop some loser from deciding on a whim to buy a gun and shoot up a school.

No system can ever be 100% but stopping the call for bans and finding a way to work together is the only way to create change.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

June 21, 2016, 3:17 p.m.

So do you think that laws will be listened to by the criminals that currently choose to ignore them? Is going after law abiding citizens with more laws going to solve the criminal and mental elements of the human animal? Interesting logic.

How are background checks and banning people on the no-fly list from purchasing and pssessing weapons 'going after' anyone? Interesting logic.

Perhaps every car should have a breathalyzer start system, even if it should only apply to 1% of the criminals that drive drunk. Imagine how much safer the children will be playing on the streets.

A car breathalyzer mandate would adversely effect the operation of the vehicle. A background check would not adversely effect the operation of a firearm. You understand the difference right?

June 21, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

How are background checks and banning people on the no-fly list 'going after' anyone? Interesting logic.

A car breathalyzer mandate would adversely effect the operation of the vehicle. A background check would not adversely effect the operation of a firearm. You understand the difference right?

Yes, I get it. You use factitious responses when it suits you to not respond upon something you know little about, but have a huge opinion.

June 21, 2016, 3:23 p.m.

Yes, I get it. You use factitious responses when it suits you to not respond upon something you know little about, but have a huge opinion.

Hahahahahahaha, says the guy who does two things on NBR, post memes and f*cking whine about how people don't tolerate his ignorant bullshit.

June 21, 2016, 3:27 p.m.

Hahahahahahaha, says the guy who does two things on NBR, post memes and f*cking whine about how people don't tolerate his ignorant bullshit.

I'm learning well to be a 'tolerant liberal', thanks to the likes of you and NBR. How many haha's do I need to use?

June 21, 2016, 3:44 p.m.

… and we're back to the whining.

June 21, 2016, 3:56 p.m.

Only seeing you doing the whining - and supplying very cool opinions trying to get passed as truths, and then calling out me while you wait for some more NBR high-fivers to back you up. I less than three you, NBR. Jbazz - stay classy you.

June 21, 2016, 4:02 p.m.

It's human nature for people to do what they are good at.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 21, 2016, 5:55 p.m.

It's human nature for people to do what they are good at.

I guess I'm getting good at this 'tolerant liberal' thing! Back to my 'safe space'

June 21, 2016, 7:47 p.m.

Not angry sir, donut worry.

Lets say the next few months will be interesting.

seriously tho , we have been talking about the end of the world for awhile now. i recall when jimmy carter hosted up those talks at camp david. yea I'm that old. people were shittn about end times then.

fear is big money. big money loves more big money.

temp def seems to have risen since those sweet cold war days tho….

June 21, 2016, 9:29 p.m.

if you're trolling you're doing a very good job. however, i think most people are really getting tired of it which is funny because a while back you yourself said it's getting tired.

if you're not trolling then i pity your obstinance.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 21, 2016, 9:51 p.m.

seriously tho , we have been talking about the end of the world for awhile now.

The world already ended in 2012.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 21, 2016, 10:22 p.m.

if you're trolling you're doing a very good job. however, i think most people are really getting tired of it which is funny because a while back you yourself said it's getting tired.

if you're not trolling then i pity your obstinance.

I think people are tired of you - but that's the best part of liberty, you can have your opinion and as a 'tolerant liberal', it doesn't have to be rational at all!

June 21, 2016, 11:23 p.m.

I think people are tired of you - but that's the best part of liberty, you can have your opinion and as a 'tolerant liberal', it doesn't have to be rational at all!

lol - you wouldn't know rational even if it was the name of your favourite beer.

fwiw, i didn't say people are tired of you, just your pro-gun buffoonery. but i guess that's par for the course, putting your own incorrect twist on what people actually say. just like your response to jbazzet, you made a hard right to unrelated land without even addressing his pertinent points.

winning!

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer