Chicken Wings

Wing or Drumstick?

Drumstick
54.2%
Wing
45.8%
Total votes: 48
April 29, 2010, 5:15 p.m.

Beyond them being pretty much the best food ever, which do you prefer, the wing, or the drumstick? Personally, I'm a drumstick guy, simply because they're easier to eat than the wings, even though wings have moar meat.

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

April 29, 2010, 5:24 p.m.

What's everybody's favorite flavour? Salt and pepper for me!

Bicycles!

April 29, 2010, 5:25 p.m.

Keep flavour out of this thread.

FAMILYBIKERIDE

April 29, 2010, 5:28 p.m.

Personally, I'm a drumstick guy, simply because they're easier to eat than the wings, even though wings have moar meat.

like drumette vs wing tip?
Drumettte all the way.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

April 29, 2010, 5:40 p.m.

Beyond them being pretty much the best food ever, which do you prefer, the wing, or the drumstick? Personally, I'm a drumstick guy, simply because they're easier to eat than the wings, even though wings have moar meat.

You are wrong my friend, they are NOT easier to eat.

Walk with me.

I too once believed in the drumstick as I hated all the BS involved with getting the meat between the bones of the wing. I avoided the wing like the plague. Until one day, a wise man showed me a technique which changed my life forever. There is no name for this move, so I will call it the pure meat awesomeness maneuver. It goes as follows.

1. Select the flavor of awesome you're going to consume.
2. Pick of the tiny bit of crustier hard skin/meat at the end of each wing (depending on how serious of a carnivore you are you may eat this crunchy skin goodness, or you may just leave it on the plate.)
3. Using both hands pinch the ends of the exposed 2 bones, one hand on each end, each hand grasping a different bone.
4. Rotate the bones in opposite directions and gently pull… VOILA! Beautiful bone free meaty goodness!
5. Eat and grab another wing.

The amazing thing about this technique is the speed with which you can learn how to do it well. Once you get good at it you can twist, pull and eat wings about twice as fast as it takes to nibble around a drum. PLUS, there's no bone contact. Just meat meat meat! When you see a pro doing it it looks like someone shelling peas. It's automatic and VERY fast.

alright!!!

April 29, 2010, 5:43 p.m.

Best thread evar.

I [HTML_REMOVED]3 wingz.

April 29, 2010, 5:44 p.m.

drumstick

April 29, 2010, 5:46 p.m.

drumstick, its practically like eating a carrot

April 29, 2010, 5:50 p.m.

If you get a nice drumstick nothing beats it but I am mostly a wing man. Kperras thats a decent method but just try pinching the less meaty end and push it down into the plate. The goods come right off.

April 29, 2010, 5:55 p.m.

You are wrong my friend, they are NOT easier to eat.

Walk with me.

I too once believed in the drumstick as I hated all the BS involved with getting the meat between the bones of the wing. I avoided the wing like the plague. Until one day, a wise man showed me a technique which changed my life forever. There is no name for this move, so I will call it the pure meat awesomeness maneuver. It goes as follows.

1. Select the flavor of awesome you're going to consume.
2. Pick of the tiny bit of crustier hard skin/meat at the end of each wing (depending on how serious of a carnivore you are you may eat this crunchy skin goodness, or you may just leave it on the plate.)
3. Using both hands pinch the ends of the exposed 2 bones, one hand on each end, each hand grasping a different bone.
4. Rotate the bones in opposite directions and gently pull… VOILA! Beautiful bone free meaty goodness!
5. Eat and grab another wing.

The amazing thing about this technique is the speed with which you can learn how to do it well. Once you get good at it you can twist, pull and eat wings about twice as fast as it takes to nibble around a drum. PLUS, there's no bone contact. Just meat meat meat! When you see a pro doing it it looks like someone shelling peas. It's automatic and VERY fast.

There's actually a video tutorial for this, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRcOY-PvOC8

April 29, 2010, 6:05 p.m.

Ya, it's an amazing technique and I'm blown away by how many people don't know how to do this! IMO they should teach this in school!

The only theory I've got on why it's not out there is the people who know it don't want others to know so that it leaves them with more wings to themselves. Usually, a plate has a 50/50 ratio of drums to wings. If you're at a table of 8 people I'd say at least 6 of them will be drummers. 1 person is 50/50 but dosen't know the pure meat awesomeness maneuver (or PMAM for short) so their wing consumption will be much slower than those with a black belt in PMAM. So the 1 guy, who's down with PMAM cleans up!

Now that I think of it, I hope this poll goes 100% drum. Forget the wings! They're a pain in the ass. You guy's don't want them anyways.

alright!!!

April 29, 2010, 6:05 p.m.

where's the choice for I don't know, I haven't eaten one in 10yrs."
Posted via Mobile Device

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 29, 2010, 6:17 p.m.

Ya, it's an amazing technique and I'm blown away by how many people don't know how to do this! IMO they should teach this in school!

The only theory I've got on why it's not out there is the people who know it don't want others to know so that it leaves them with more wings to themselves. Usually, a plate has a 50/50 ratio of drums to wings. If you're at a table of 8 people I'd say at least 6 of them will be drummers. 1 person is 50/50 but dosen't know the pure meat awesomeness maneuver (or PMAM for short) so their wing consumption will be much slower than those with a black belt in PMAM. So the 1 guy, who's down with PMAM cleans up!

Now that I think of it, I hope this poll goes 100% drum. Forget the wings! They're a pain in the ass. You guy's don't want them anyways.

But then you end up witht he bit of cartilage which is nasty.

April 29, 2010, 8:13 p.m.

Rest assured, I'm well versed in the PMAM technique but for some reason I'm still partial to the drumstick. Partly because drumsticks are much better for dipping in a side of blue cheese for example.

FAMILYBIKERIDE

April 29, 2010, 8:28 p.m.

Rest assured, I'm well versed in the PMAM technique but for some reason I'm still partial to the drumstick. Partly because drumsticks are much better for dipping in a side of blue cheese for example.

The man makes an excellent point. EXCEPT… no self respecting wing lover 'dips'. They aren't chicken fingers son. Your kind might as well order the artichoke-hummus dip.