Which sunglasses?

Aug. 30, 2023, 8:07 a.m.

Hallo! I want to buy sunglasses for mtb riding. I ride enduro and light downhill. I would like a lens that has increased contrast, so the model should have that lens option (which lens is not a factor in this topic).

I am between these 2 models:

1. Bliz fusion

2. Oakley sutro

Has anyone tested them?

What matters is stability of the frame on my head. I don’t want a frame that is not stable (enduro and dh riding), because you finally end up not wearing them.

Other factors are durability (frame+lens), and general quality (anti fogging + ventilation).

Kind regards

PS. I don’t like the feeling of goggles that much, so i prefer a pair of sunglasses.

Aug. 30, 2023, 2:47 p.m.

you probably want to get some that fit your face

I like the classic Rayban Wayfarer

Sept. 14, 2023, 7:57 a.m.

Posted by: graviton

Hallo! I want to buy sunglasses for mtb riding. I ride enduro and light downhill. I would like a lens that has increased contrast, so the model should have that lens option (which lens is not a factor in this topic).

I am between these 2 models:

1. Bliz fusion

2. Oakley sutro

Has anyone tested them?

What matters is stability of the frame on my head. I don’t want a frame that is not stable (enduro and dh riding), because you finally end up not wearing them.

Other factors are durability (frame+lens), and general quality (anti fogging + ventilation).

Kind regards

PS. I don’t like the feeling of goggles that much, so i prefer a pair of sunglasses.

I have Oakley Sutro that I love. I was worried they would move around too much while riding, but it's not an issue. If they move, I never lost them and it doesn't bother me. 

One thing to consider: They do not work well with the Smith Mainline full-face helmet. For me, they were hitting a hard plastic part the helmet while riding and the knocking sound was very disturbing. I could only do a single ride with this setup and bought goggles the next day. This may not be a problem with other helmet, but it's worth checking this out.

Sept. 21, 2023, 10:22 p.m.

I have Oakley Sutro for road riding and acting like a douchebag.  I also have a pair of Rapha Pro Team Full Frames for mtb.  The purple/green lens is a lil dark for deep in the forest. But a clear lens is great for eye protection.  I didn't get the Trail version as it came with a black lens; I figured the pink lens would be good for SW BC. They come with 2 lenses, 2 nose pieces for better fitment and a flexible hard case.  They wrap closer to my face than the Sutros do; the large air vents do a decent job of preventing fogging but it seems to happen when I stop regardless with the shape I'm in currently.  The big draw for the PTFFs was the dual lens and ability to swap. I will note that on todays ride I crashed and my glasses popped off my head.

Sept. 22, 2023, 9:08 a.m.

I augered in and broke my wayfarers fortunately, I have about 5 pair so I just swapped frames, there is something to be said for redundancy