bearing part numbers

Aug. 3, 2012, 10:18 p.m.

There should be a section on wrenching I need to get the freehub off my formula hub 32 hole to get the part number to replace bearing ,and do the job which shop can do this quick i went to one place they told me i need an 11mm allen which they do not make. Also where to buy wtb front 20 mm bearings in lower mainland they are in half increments where bc bearing does not sell?Have to get the play out of like 3 front rims.
Those silly Race Face bb (GOLD)cups for x type i got like 5 shot ones major play can i go to R/F direct and ask for warranty .It suprises me how easy they sell hubs and how hard it is to source for bearings in wheels and linkages.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

Aug. 3, 2012, 10:25 p.m.

Raeside in coquitlam sells berings and kaman in port kells. The kaman spelling might be off!

Aug. 3, 2012, 10:27 p.m.

usually for 20mm front it's enduro 6804
stick ur axle in the front hub cone and push down or leverage it down so it pops out. you can read the number once its off.

there is 11mm allen key.
but with thruaxle.. you can usually get the race/cone off disc side and just hammer the axle and pop out the whole freehub with axle

Aug. 3, 2012, 10:36 p.m.

Raeside in coquitlam sells berings and kaman in port kells. The kaman spelling might be off!

fyi Raesdie moved and is now called Commercial Solutions
http://www.csinet.ca/commercial-solutions-contact-locations.php

Wheeldrop, I doubt you'll get warranty on bb bearings, it's a wear item. The original Raceface ones had a poor reputation, but the Shimano cups are a direct replacement I think and last longer and are available everwhere.

Aug. 4, 2012, 7:57 a.m.

Kaman is the correct spelling. There's one on annacis island too.

Aug. 4, 2012, 8:15 a.m.

enduro also makes a bearing replacement kit for shimano/raceface/fsa bbs for $30.

Check my stuff for sale!

Aug. 4, 2012, 9:12 a.m.

enduro also makes a bearing replacement kit for shimano/raceface/fsa bbs for $30.

but don't you need a $100+ tool to do it?

Aug. 4, 2012, 11:32 a.m.

That hub does require a 11mm allen key. True story. I think that you can get one through snap-on.

As for bb bearings, there is no way in hell they will warranty those, and it is a major bitch to replace them without the tool.

Come talk to me after you blow out the inside of the bearing assembly with a drift and are left with the outer race in your precious cup.

Aug. 4, 2012, 12:10 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the WTB front hub uses a proprietary bearing size, not readily available from any of the bearing shops. Plus there are 2 different sizes of 20mm bearings for WTB hubs, older than 2009 and 2009 and newer versions.

Try Matt at NS Bike Shop, he may have stock of the newer version, if not, then any shop that deals with Trident Sports can get them for you. I see you are in Richmond, go see Mike at Krusty's, he can order the bearings from Trident, they have stock.

Aug. 5, 2012, 9:37 a.m.

As for bb bearings, there is no way in hell they will warranty those, and it is a major bitch to replace them without the tool.

I've had them replaced under warranty. Although as I think you know, the OP will need to go through his LBS with a receipt blah blah blah and hope for the best. And maybe not refer to them as 'silly' ;)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 5, 2012, 10:56 a.m.

Thanks for all the replies Lots of useful info .Thats why i initially joined nsmb .
The Gold cup bb bearings i have gone through so many they will not last a season Between my 4 bikes that have them Ive worn out a stack . I do not know how Race Face Sold so many ,ironicly a bomb proof crank like Diablous with a inferior retaining system .I always told myself when they develop play buy the chris king ones. Seems i did replace one with the Shimano system that has not failed.
So the B.c. bearing location on Annacis Island has moved to Fraserwood court off Fraserway in South Burnaby.
I have 4 bearings ordered for the front Formula,and Rocky Mountain Hub that share the same part number. There is a difference in prices with a 30 doller version ,and a 6 dollar chinese one.
Still Hoping i can sort the rear one out with borrowing a Tool ,as Lordco,KMS does not have(would take 3 weeks).
There is nothing worse than railing chunder and high speed turning with loose hubs,play in your bb .
I think Most people just buy new hubs build new wheels instead of changing a bearing assembly. Did i mention i'm still running some 98 Hope big un hubs that have never needed anything sure they are a bit heavy but the Rolloff era seemed superior.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

Aug. 5, 2012, 11:45 a.m.

If you don't have any luck with an 11mm allen key, I've got one and live near Scienceworld. As they are rare, I won't let it out of my sight but you are welcome to use it just to crank the freehub body off.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 5, 2012, 1:04 p.m.

I think Most people just buy new hubs build new wheels instead of changing a bearing assembly. Did i mention i'm still running some 98 Hope big un hubs that have never needed anything sure they are a bit heavy but the Rolloff era seemed superior.

When you see how many replacement wear items that are stocked for King stuff compared to other stuff its quite obvious that people just huck their shitty hubs instead of servicing.

Aug. 6, 2012, 8:07 a.m.

BC Bearing Engineers are now part of Motion Industries.

Thread killer

Aug. 6, 2012, 9:09 a.m.

Can one go into these bearing places and just ask for a couple of bearings, or will the staff just laugh at you? I always assume you'd need to buy loads for some reason.

treezz
wow you are a ass