Banshee Rune.

Aug. 15, 2007, 4:37 p.m.

I believe that the VF4B linkage out performs all the competitors, but I am obviously bias! And what suits me may not suit you…

so…

Test ride! trust me you will NOT be dissapointed in the performance of the VF4B system!

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Aug. 15, 2007, 6:24 p.m.

V4b [HTML_REMOVED] Bmx.

Aug. 15, 2007, 7:31 p.m.

these pictures do the bike no justice compared to seeing them in person.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Oct. 18, 2007, 7:15 p.m.

What is the ETA on these things?

www.trukz.com

Oct. 19, 2007, 12:44 a.m.

Early 2008, there have been some delays, so I cannot give an exact date, but they should readily avaliable in a few months.

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com

Oct. 19, 2007, 7:29 a.m.

V4b [HTML_REMOVED] Bmx.

:lol:

What's the shock i2i and stroke? Also, what's the size of the frame used with the built up black bike?

The top tube length seems longer than average. Is it?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 19, 2007, 9:53 a.m.

Banshee's were never heavy when compared to other bikes in it's class.

You sure?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 19, 2007, 10:04 a.m.

You sure?

we weighed a Scream frame next to a Demo9 and the Demo9 was 200gms heavier

we weighed a Chap frame next to a SX Trail and the SX Trail was 460gms lighter

but Chap was somewhat burlier than the SX Trail?

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

Oct. 19, 2007, 10:45 a.m.

Oh, did not know that. But anyways, the new Banshees look nice.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 19, 2007, 11:52 a.m.

:lol:

What's the shock i2i and stroke? Also, what's the size of the frame used with the built up black bike?

The top tube length seems longer than average. Is it?

7.875" x 2.25" [coil side 43mm x 8mm] [damper 25.4mm x 8mm]

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com

Oct. 19, 2007, 1:37 p.m.

When ya gunna send one to me to thrash..err…I mean test..?:P

Aug. 13, 2008, 4:49 p.m.

I have been reading some of DW's posts on MTBR relating to how his design is different to VPP and how they handle differently and what makes them handle different…and from what I read I think I would like something more like a DW bike…but don't want to buy an IH…rather something from a smaller more local company….and was just wondering how these may compare ride wise against some of the other bikes out there (SC, IH, Canfield…ect…).

I guess I will have to wait to get my hot little hands on one to really see how it feels..heh…

Ok the suspension on the Rune - VF4B just to make it simple is similar to the DW link however how you don't infringe on the Patent is by making sure your IC instant center aka "virtual pivot" does not cross over any portion of the lower link all the way through the travel. From my understanding the first Giant Maestro did in fact do this and they had to modify their design to ensure it didn't do that. The VPP has the last link that rotates backward and thats what changes its IC.
Basically i'm not making any claims only saying how the execution of the design is different from one another in the simplest terms. Far be it for me to start chirping off… you'll need to ride them all for yourself for making the determination which one is the best overall as some will be leaders in somethings and not so much in others.
Most importantly the type of suspension isn't the only factor that can make a great bike over something that is "meh" but virtual pivots executed well seem to work pretty good for the Trail categories.

!!!!OH NO… did i just resurrect an old and dead thread… aw fawk
stupid greg at Straitline sent me this thread so i figured it was a freshie… now i look like the jackass
Mods… want to bury this one? thx

~22Pride~

I do private bike camps as well but they are for ladies only and usually involve a sleepover.

Aug. 13, 2008, 9:51 p.m.

Heh, thanks for the answer….I am about to purchase a Rune and will get to test it myself…god I can't wait.