Back to WB DH this year...

April 4, 2012, 6:54 p.m.

I can't remember the last time I was on this forum… Seriously, must have been a few years. I stumbled across this site looking for reviews and the like, and remembered I'd signed up years ago. So it goes.

Anyway - just posting to say I'll be back on the DH circuit this year at WB. I was heavily into DH back in the late 90s into the early part of the 2000s and ended my rapidly growing passion with a crash that had me crack my neck (cervical spine injury) and several body parts almost torn off. That was _ 2002…maybe 2003. I tried getting back out there but had the jitters in 2006 or so. For whatever reason, this is the year I'm committing to get back out there, on a brand new steed no less - 2012 WC Flatline.

Wife and 2 kids later, I'm looking to get back into the swing of the downhill scene!! Hoping to maybe set up some casual members groups for tours/camaraderie on the mountain, and AM/XC rides off the DH if anyone's interested.

I'll be around here a little more… Peace,
The Dirty_

"I'm addicted to surfing."

April 4, 2012, 9:20 p.m.

Welcome back:)

April 5, 2012, 12:02 p.m.

Hey dirty, I'll be up there for most of the season, get up with me in mid june or july and we can get some laps. I'm an old guy so, I'm not on the hill at 9am charging! More laid back and having fun. Good to hear you are getting back on the horse again!

April 5, 2012, 1:03 p.m.

Hey dirty, I'll be up there for most of the season, get up with me in mid june or july and we can get some laps. I'm an old guy so, I'm not on the hill at 9am charging! More laid back and having fun. Good to hear you are getting back on the horse again!

Sounds awesome!! I'll PM you my deets. I'm 42…act like a 25 year old minus the hangover :dizzy:

Chat soon - looking forward to it!!

The Dirty

April 14, 2012, 6:09 p.m.

Anyone else watching WBP helmet cam footage on Youtube? It'd be nice if they put the woodwork back in at the Schleyer drop under the chairlift. Can't wait, should be there on the 20th hopefully.

Thread killer

April 14, 2012, 8:39 p.m.

Anyone else watching WBP helmet cam footage on Youtube? It'd be nice if they put the woodwork back in at the Schleyer drop under the chairlift. Can't wait, should be there on the 20th hopefully.

For sure, been watching a mess of YT vids lately - WBP, Pembie rides, etc. Getting my stoke on for sure.

May 22, 2012, 7:30 p.m.

Welcome back man.
I just got back to nsmb and riding since quitting in 2005!
Cheers

superheros
I like bikes

May 22, 2012, 8:14 p.m.

Welcome back man.
Cheers

Thanks Braddah - and hey, your reputation superseded your absence I am sure :coo:

I've yet to get on the DH… Was supposed to go up yesterday but had to work - BAAAAAH!!

See ya out there!
DS

May 23, 2012, 10:05 a.m.

Welcome back man.
Cheers

You and Protopappas should get together and make a new movie!

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

May 23, 2012, 10:48 a.m.

Welcome back man.
Cheers

How is the leg doing after all these years?