Anyone want to help build on the shore

May 11, 2003, 12:53 p.m.

man..
i dont live near the shore. i live in california, montana, and used to live in new mexico. here in montana, the forest service takes care of the singletrack (well the legal stuff at least), and in cali, its the same.
BUT the fact that you are building, knowing what can happen, and the concewuences for your actions, you continue.
i plan to oneday go to the shore, and ride. BUT if people like you keep doing what you are doing, building, and riding against what you have been SPECIFICALLY instructed to do. the shore may not be there to ride.
so moral of the story
MAINTAIN THE TRAILS YOUR HAVE

Fear me. I have a Cabin in montana.
::Team Pancake Pride::

May 11, 2003, 1:16 p.m.

Originally posted by Chris9
no we had more help to begin with, but recently its just been the two of us, while we dont mind that it'd be nice to have some help, but if a MOD sees this can u plz shut down this thread

It is readily apparent that you are not even trying to listen to the reason that has been presented to you on this thread.

May 11, 2003, 3:41 p.m.

Originally posted by Chris9
no we had more help to begin with, but recently its just been the two of us, while we dont mind that it'd be nice to have some help, but if a MOD sees this can u plz shut down this thread

you do know that you can delete your own threads right?
jeez. just delete it if you dont like everyone making fun of you on the internet

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125

May 11, 2003, 4:38 p.m.

Originally posted by Ah-Choo
Let me guess…14-15 years old…been on one or two trail days (maybe)…zero understanding of how much work is involved in maintaining a trail…less understanding of how to actually build trail…

Probably rocking in sections using deadfall and dirt, lol.

It better be safe, because an illegal trail is bad enough.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 11, 2003, 4:47 p.m.

Originally posted by switch
Probably rocking in sections using deadfall and dirt, lol.

pfft 14 year olds that have been to 2 trail days….

(I'm one)

switch, do they use rocks for that rockwork?

May 11, 2003, 4:52 p.m.

rocks for that rockwork?
huh :eek2:

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125

May 11, 2003, 6:27 p.m.

Originally posted by mike
rocks for that rockwork?
huh :eek2:

robert never mentioned rocks.

maybe he meant that they surround the area with a couple pieces of deadfall then cover it all with dirt to hope the problem goes away?

May 11, 2003, 8:44 p.m.

Originally posted by ATN
switch, do they use rocks for that rockwork?

There's stuff in various areas where no rocks are used. Just rotting wood and dirt. After a good rain, the dirt is gone and the rotted wood makes the original rut even worse.

Then there's the kickers that get built by putting down a couple pieces of wood, leaves and moss, and then some dirt. Dangerous.

Here's what good rock work looks like. Well thought out - built with water drainage in mind. Solid job - built to last (this builder is awesome):

Great ladder bridge over a very wet area (that has now been properly drained):

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 11, 2003, 8:50 p.m.

Yeah, coming out to Pangor and Seventh Secret taught me how to do rocks properly… all those pics look awesome. Our corner on 7th looked quite good too.

The best rockwork I've seen is the steep into the creek when seventh dumps onto the road between 5th [HTML_REMOVED] 6th switchbacks, where ONTOP setup.

May 12, 2003, 4:43 p.m.

Originally posted by ATN

The best rockwork I've seen is the steep into the creek when seventh dumps onto the road between 5th [HTML_REMOVED] 6th switchbacks, where ONTOP setup.

I heard that Digger [HTML_REMOVED] Pete did that rock work about 2 years ago.

It was a big mess before that.

May 12, 2003, 4:52 p.m.

Originally posted by CraigH
**I heard that Digger [HTML_REMOVED] Pete did that rock work about 2 years ago.

It was a big mess before that. **

Work of art :thepimp:

May 12, 2003, 4:52 p.m.

Originally posted by Ah-Choo
Let me guess…14-15 years old…been on one or two trail days (maybe)…zero understanding of how much work is involved in maintaining a trail…less understanding of how to actually build trail…

According to his web page, 17.

http://www.extrememtb.8k.com/info.html

(Linked from his NSMB Profile)

May 13, 2003, 4:25 p.m.

hey I think I came across your trail on hollyburn ridge.

jace mace

May 13, 2003, 4:28 p.m.

what did it have on it? and where abouts?

May 13, 2003, 5:18 p.m.

This is my last attempt at this post, I think the west van library computer templates has cookie cutters,because whenever I try to post (the longer the less chance),it says not logged on.
I left the bp's and went up lawson cr. trail where I ran into trail nazi.since I didn,t have my bike he treated me respectfully as ahiker. I then took crossover tr. tothe giant doug fir up brewis until it croosed mcdonald cr. I then bushwhacked to mcdonald cr west and on the other side found an incomplete trail wirh ladders store bought rungs and nylon bags of rungs lying around.there was also some red painted plywood and a steep section to an old cleaned off fallen over cedar.I kept going to a trail that I had found a couple of years ago that start on the westlake access rd. and ends just before skyline.I walked up and crossed over marr cr. and then went down through a bushwack were the building material is bumped ,past the cabin with the clear cut in fron of it, (another story in itself) and over to old forks.I was going to go to coiler but was too tired. I went down old forks and cleared off trail nazis barricades as I went( I guess he fells justified because of the little blue and green no biking signs) and hiked down to 21st. I did all this because I was looking for overflow. Any way I sent you an email.

jace mace