Is there a trail on Fromme that ...?

Feb. 2, 2003, 9:16 p.m.

Is there a trail, other than lower Skull and L.Ladies, that takes you from the B.P. to Mtn Hwy [HTML_REMOVED] Mcnair or the street below.

Trail between Quarry Court trail and Lower Skull?

And, what's the trail to the left about a third the way up the road after the 1st switchback? It starts with a nice drop right beside a big splintered tree? Where does it go? Any good? Name?

:???:

Feb. 2, 2003, 9:20 p.m.

the one with the drop next to the splintered tree has a few names: the most common one ive heard for it is slippery canoe(even tho thats a trail on cypress)
there are a few other trails on lower fromme in the area of skull and ladies

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125

Feb. 2, 2003, 9:23 p.m.

ack my memory has failed me: i cant remember the name of it

is this quarry court trail you are talking about the one that has a dansition style drop at the top(not skull rock. but the next one along the bp as you head east?)

Feb. 2, 2003, 9:36 p.m.

Quarry Court trail starts right at the the sign post where Skull (west ladies) crosses the B.P.

Feb. 2, 2003, 9:45 p.m.

ah then im thinking of something different, and my memory has failed me on the name
there are lots of trails on the lower part of fromme.. some are tricky to find as well

Feb. 2, 2003, 10:09 p.m.

never seen such trail:???:

Feb. 2, 2003, 10:12 p.m.

is it a blue trail with some berms and a drop like between the middle of two trees or something, its about 5 feet and brings you out near the gate at thre bottom?

cuz i think you may be talking about bobsled.

Feb. 2, 2003, 10:19 p.m.

bobsled and err "slippery canoe" are two different trails
bobsled starts a little down from that dirt jump like thing
the trail we are talking about is further down that bobsled. it has a drop at the beginning, and a big tree just split right near the enterance.

no blah: its not espresso, and espresso doesnt suck ;)

Feb. 2, 2003, 10:28 p.m.

'spresso roks…

i love that trail, it has AWESOME flow….

Feb. 2, 2003, 10:32 p.m.

3 hrs up?

u can get to the top of 7th secret in about a hour of stready grinding…

how the hell did it take u 3 hrs?

'spresso is WAY lower then 7th secret.. hahhahah…..

Feb. 2, 2003, 10:43 p.m.

Originally posted by Count Blah
ya well i thought it did…. it didnt have very many stunts….. and we spent like 3 hours riding up fromme to ride that trail down :mad:

you must have gone down the wrong trail :eek:
come to van and ill show you the real esresso

Feb. 2, 2003, 11:04 p.m.

Originally posted by Count Blah
well probably not 3 hours but maybe 2…. we were climbing hella slow and were out of shape…. and well im lazy so that took up some time…. we took like 10 breaks on the way up and ended up trying to go to pink starfish but were told it was crap….. so we went down a switchback and talked to some guys and they told us espresso was a good trail….. next time im going to do ladies:thepimp:

good trail espresso + good trail pink starfish = your an idiot

Feb. 2, 2003, 11:08 p.m.

ummmm there are NO bad trails on Grousse…

if u took 10 breaks on the climb then u truely are lazy…

how old are u ?

im 35 and i can climb to the top without stopping !

whats your excuse… ride more… post less….:D

Feb. 3, 2003, 11:08 a.m.

Originally posted by stinkyC
**Is there a trail, other than lower Skull and L.Ladies, that takes you from the B.P. to Mtn Hwy [HTML_REMOVED] Mcnair or the street below.

Trail between Quarry Court trail and Lower Skull?

And, what's the trail to the left about a third the way up the road after the 1st switchback? It starts with a nice drop right beside a big splintered tree? Where does it go? Any good? Name?

:???: **

The trails west of lower ladies will spit you out on Braemar or Dempsey. Digger scouted out an option between Quarry Court and Lower ladies but apparently its pretty steep in there.

There are three trails between the 1st and 2nd SB, the first one goes straight down with a few drops that are hucks at speed, you come out just before the 1st SB. The second trail started out as a hiking/XC trail until someone built jumps on it. We've called it the jump trail since then, I guess its also called slippery canoe. This trail comes out at the water tower. The third trail is a old trail called bobsled that was terribly eroded until someone went in and built burms and a few hucks. It comes out just above where Baden Powel come out on the road.

If you can't get to Espresso in less than 30 minutes from the yellow gate you need to seriously evaluate your fitness level and decide if you want to be a health burden to society when you grow up.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Feb. 3, 2003, 3:17 p.m.

its called freakshow… it has about 3 gap jumps and some cool flowy sections and takes you out by the watertowers

CHRYSLER FIFTH AVENUE