Hey Ddean. I suffered from Grade 3 Acromioclavicular separation around 2014-2015 from a Snowboarding injury. Back then, I had a good 5 years of experience when I had the injury and I remember trying to jump over something on the ground at a fun speed, and then somehow I ended up doing 2 flips in the air both times landing on my left shoulder. I remember it was really hard to stand up because every movement was like agony and it felt like someone was pulling my arm down while my shoulder was shrugged up to the height of my ear lobe - what happened was that I completely tore my acromioclavicular ligament, but luckily there was no bone fracture. At that time I was also  a seasoned vet as an experienced physical therapist assistant and threw all my knowledge into recovery and it was ok, but then quickly realized it wasn't enough to manage the pain post surgery. The pain after surgery lasted for Years and I wouldn't notice it when I'm moving around or busy, but when I was at rest, its was hard not to notice (moving my arm helped the pain) and I now I realized it was because of bunch of different factors INCLUDING the injury. It always felt like there was something stuck right where the clavicle meets acromion, it felt like there was some scar tissue stuck inside the incision site, sometimes Id noticed that I would subconsciously place my arm in a "splinting position" to find pain relief, my left and right side neck was stiff, and my forearm was tense. Pain was the worst thing and the longest thing to manage. At this moment and as I type this I am pain free. Long story short to find relief from pain I went down a path of healing that included physical therapy, Qigong, some yoga, and finally I transitioned to an acupuncturist. I Iove and presently still learning Qigong because I love how its a moving meditation and it moves my arm through functional and connected ROM to my center and because of it I never had a issue with losing ROM, or  losing gross or fine motor movement, but the aching and nagging pain was always there when I wasn't moving, it was always there yet manageable enough to forget about it every once in a while . To this day Acupuncture has been the only thing that has completely taken away the pain and I tried close to everything. I became a acupuncturist in part because of this injury, I studied bones, muscles, nerves, meridians, and I experimented on myself over and over again until I understood how to heal it . Every other modality I tried helps and its important to keep moving your arm and give it healthy exercise, but thus far the only thing that has helped get rid of the pain was acupuncture and my dedication in finding a way to try to heal the pain. If ever in the Salt Lake Valley and want to try me acupuncture or have a question, send me a message .