another scam

Sept. 6, 2006, 12:13 p.m.

just got this email, so hungry to sell I almost want to do it. but not that stupid. hear it is. anyone else get one from this guy.

Dear seller,
I am Mr.JORDAN, i am interested in immediate purchase of
your item. After several consideration over the advert placed on the website,I have really shown interest in it and would
really want to issue the payment in form of cashier check. Will you be accepting a cashier check? The cashier check that will be issued to you would include the cost for shipping the item to my address. But you are not the one handling the shipping of his items, i have my shipping agent that we come for the pick up of the item. We shall solely be responsible for the shippment of the item.i will also like you to send some pics of the item or the present condition of it if it is favourable to me. I await your quick response as soon as posible thank you.
Best Regard,
JORDAN.

Builder of Little Bastard

Sept. 6, 2006, 12:15 p.m.

Bait him.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

Sept. 6, 2006, 12:25 p.m.

It's about as scamulicious as it gets cause they don't mention the type of product or the website that the ad was seen on. So basically they can copy and paste that exact message and send it to any seller of any item on the internet…

-m

Sept. 6, 2006, 2:23 p.m.

Yah its a scam. Play along with it. I remember reading something about carvings… ill try and dig it up.

Sept. 6, 2006, 8:54 p.m.

send him a bucket of poop instead of what your selling

JDM POWER!

Sept. 6, 2006, 9:38 p.m.

This is a variation of the Nigerian email scam (hence the brutal grammar). The cashiers check will be counterfeit. There are lots of these clowns running their scams locally. They tend to choose names of famous black people ie. Michael Jordan, James Brown, Will Smith etc.

Sept. 6, 2006, 10:36 p.m.

all you have to do is take some pictures of you bike then goto a garage sale get a 5 dollar one box it up and send it with the "courier" then when you find out that the cheque is fake sue them and when they say you said then that bike who is going to belive a bunch of scamer..
well i guess then you would be a scammer as well so instead of the bike catch a skunk

Sept. 7, 2006, 10:11 a.m.

@freakonaleash

The link for the scam the scammers with carvings is http://forum.419eater.com/john_boko.htm

This story had me in stitches when I first read it. In fact it got me responding to scammers and spammers via a toss away email address.

I agree about Baiting this guy. Just waste as much of his time as possible. Ask for all sorts of strange things from him. I did this to a guy who was looking for help getting "millions of dollars in gold" of out Africa and had a blast with him.

06 - Giant Faith2 - New pedals - the ones they put on stock must have been a joke.. i did not laugh

Www.shorerider.com

Sept. 7, 2006, 10:17 a.m.

We baited an ebay scammer once. I kept sending him e-mail asking if he had impossible bike parts in stock. It got really funny when he said he had two Kona Stinky D's in stock ….SIZE 87!

I think you have to be ~ 50 feet tall to ride that bike.