Riding in Whitefish Montana need help.

June 1, 2015, 8:25 p.m.

Anyone know any good trails or must rides around that area?

Cheers, Heathen

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

June 2, 2015, 11:12 a.m.

We did some epic rides in the area, this was more than 10 years ago, Tally Lake near Whitefish, some trails outside Columbia falls and esp out of Big Fork (Strawberry Lake area - Alpine Trail #7) ah hah! I just looked it up again - says "This ride is either the ultimate trail or the most brutal time you've ever spent riding and pushing your bikeā€¦" I'm trying to remember which portion we did, but link below says it is considered one of the top 10 trail rides in the US and by others, one of the toughest 10 rides in the US! Lots of climbing, but once you are up, lots of open, scenic ridge riding, great views, great descents. Trails are in great shape since so dry there. Enjoy!
http://glaciercyclery.com/trails_rides.php
Also, Big Mountain (no Whitefish Mountain Resort) now has a bike park, I see!http://skiwhitefish.com/summer/mountain-biking/

June 2, 2015, 8:19 p.m.

Was just down there last weekend. Whitefish trail is pretty tame cross-country. Spencer Mountain is pretty awesome free ride/all mountain trails (ride up a logging road and down trails for the most part). Other areas are Tully which has some longer rides and Pig Farm. The hill there is fantastic for lift access, super flowy, lots of machine grooming. At both Great Northern Cycles and Glacier Cyclery they have maps and are super helpful.

June 19, 2015, 2:06 p.m.

Thanks for the help. I have read there is a 50 mile epic you can do. Trail. Would love to ride that. Anyone hit that trail?

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.