NSMB Please help me buy a compressor

Nov. 2, 2011, 9:41 p.m.

Who the heck keeps putting in the tag "majin poop database"? :lol:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 2, 2011, 10:49 p.m.

http://www.kmstools.com/rolair-the-bull-2hp-twin-stack-compressor-7998
This is the one I have had for about 6 years, great for roofing, indoor nailing, it can drive an impact gun, and you can piggy-back an additional tank on the outlet for more volume. The only place that it consistantly falls flat is air grinders, paint spraying and lots of drilling. All really high volume applications.
IIf you have the space, the first suggestion would be the best, but I can fit mine under the workbench and just plug it in when needed.

Nov. 2, 2011, 10:55 p.m.

Speedair. 4 guns everyday, all day never a hiccup. Change the oil once a year and the belt when it snaps. Baseboards I use a senco. Double tanks, small light and you can talk over it.

Nov. 3, 2011, 6:28 a.m.

Hey Guys,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I'm definitely going with a compressor because it's tough to inflate tires with an electric power tool.

The tags are there because I fancy myself having a sense of humour :-|

Nov. 5, 2011, 9:29 p.m.

I bought one of those Campbell Hausfeld (sp?) kits (compressor, impact gun, paint gun, air chuck, plus a few other air tools) that Canadian Tire puts on sale a few times a year.

Works great for all the home jobs I've used it for.

Edit: Mine is similar to this although the actual compressor looks a little different and it came with different air tools.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/1/CompressorsAirTools/Compressors/PRDOVR~0588119P/Campbell+Hausfeld+Air+Compressor%2C+1.3+HP%2C+8+Gallons.jsp?locale=en

Nov. 6, 2011, 5:44 a.m.

Just sayin...

Nov. 6, 2011, 6:25 a.m.

Those porter cable pancakes are fine for home use. Will do hardwood floors at a rookie pace. I use it successfully for removing wheel lugs all the time. Just have to wait a minute or so when the volume gets depleted. Have had mine for 5 years and still works like a charm.