Highway Thru Hell

Sept. 11, 2012, 7:23 p.m.

pffftt!

These guys have obviously never tackled pine pass in a storm.

They don't have a fucking clue down here….

A TV show about a four lane freeway in Southern B.C.?? Seriously??? :lol: :lol:

My dad spent thirty years clearing snow in the pine pass and doing road construction… The rule was if the truck wasn't on it's roof in the ditch it had better be clearing snow. If it was upside down you had better be on it greasing the chassis if a foreman drove by.

I'd never heard of snow plows shutting down because of road conditions until I moved to this pansy assed place…

Seriously….Not….a….fucking….clue…..

Sept. 12, 2012, 2:48 p.m.

Episode on last night covered a couple of semi-accidents in the Fraser Canyon.

Sept. 12, 2012, 2:54 p.m.

I caught the first episode.

I think what makes the coq compelling tv is the very reason the pine pass wouldn't.

By the time a trucker makes it to the pine pass they have probably figured out how to put on chains, drive in snow etc.

But with the coq you can leave Surrey on a nice clear day and be in a blizzard by the time you hit Hope - and some of those drivers look like they may have never seen snow before.

Watching the pine pass would be like watching a nascar race without a crash.

Sept. 12, 2012, 3:08 p.m.

Watched this last night after reading the thread. Am I the only one who noticed that just about every wrecked truck driver they talked to was Middle Eastern or Indian?

Sept. 12, 2012, 7:18 p.m.

Hwy63 FTW.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Sept. 12, 2012, 9:13 p.m.

I caught the first episode.

I think what makes the coq compelling tv is the very reason the pine pass wouldn't.

By the time a trucker makes it to the pine pass they have probably figured out how to put on chains, drive in snow etc.

But with the coq you can leave Surrey on a nice clear day and be in a blizzard by the time you hit Hope - and some of those drivers look like they may have never seen snow before.

Watching the pine pass would be like watching a nascar race without a crash.

Not to mention you are caught up in two very distinct climatic zones on the Coq, which can dump a whole lot of greasy snow on some pretty decent grades.
I've been stuck behind two semis and a greyhound just past the snow shed, all with chains but going nowhere but sideways.
Makes for an interesting evening.

Sept. 13, 2012, 5:25 p.m.

Watched this last night after reading the thread. Am I the only one who noticed that just about every wrecked truck driver they talked to was Middle Eastern or Indian?

% of drivers in the industry that are East Indian is constantly growing.

Guess who'll assume responsibility of 80tonnes and millions of dollars worth of cargo…and try to stay safe and keep others safe for $12/hr? Not me.