highschool senior expelled for being gay.

Oct. 26, 2003, 9:48 a.m.

Originally posted by xtrememtbkr
**right or wrong????????

the guy was attending a PRIVATE school…. a private
Christian school. hey wether they were right or wrong
to expell him its up to them…because it is a private
school.

The fact that they accept public money opens up the door for criticism. If they want to be completely private, use your own funds. Because every tax paying person's money could be used for this school, everyone (rightly so) feels as though they can comment on the subject.

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:03 a.m.

Originally posted by Req
Quote me the scripture.

That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God's natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other.
Romans 1:26

"Yes, I will pull off that liberal's halo that he spends so much effort cultivating."
-Malcom X

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:05 a.m.

Originally posted by Req
The fact that they accept public money opens up the door for criticism. If they want to be completely private, use your own funds. Because every tax paying person's money could be used for this school, everyone (rightly so) feels as though they can comment on the subject.

Private schools in America receive no federal funding. The people who go there pay for the school to operate.

"Yes, I will pull off that liberal's halo that he spends so much effort cultivating."
-Malcom X

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:26 a.m.

Originally posted by EC Biker
Private schools in America receive no federal funding. The people who go there pay for the school to operate.

Read the article. They receive funding.

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:32 a.m.

I stand corrected. The voucher program, which I didn't realize had been implemented yet, allows students in failing schools to go to a private school of their choice. The state compensates the school for allowing the student to attend there for free.

-Malcom X

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:34 a.m.

That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God's natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other.
Romans 1:26

What bible are you reading?

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

This is the one I've got and it once again speaks of men sleeping w/ men. Not women w/ women.

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:38 a.m.

Homosexuality is absolutely forbidden, for it is an enormous sin.
Leviticus 18:22

someone brought this up earlier but if homosexuality is such a sin why is it not part of the 10 Commandments? it would seem that Christians are very against homosexuality but its not a commandment yet stealing is.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:39 a.m.

I am reading the Life Application Bible by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.

Romans 1:26 is it. Just read it. How is your version so different from mine?

-Malcom X

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:42 a.m.

Originally posted by Req
27 Likewise also the men,

This is the part where it says that the men do the same as the women did, and have sex with each other. Hence "likewise."

-Malcom X

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:50 a.m.

Originally posted by lancepaydirt
someone brought this up earlier but if homosexuality is such a sin why is it not part of the 10 Commandments? it would seem that Christians are very against homosexuality but its not a commandment yet stealing is.

That's a good question. Coveting (wanting to have someone else's things) is also one of the Ten, but it doesn't really seem like that big of a sin. Who knows why it is in there, instead of other sins. Beastiality is also not mentioned. Go figure.

-Malcom X

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:53 a.m.

This is the part where it says that the men do the same as the women did, and have sex with each other. Hence "likewise."

The previous verse is:

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

I still don't see what your bible is quoting.. This is the King James version.

Anyways, this is an age old argument. I guess it just comes down to a question of faith in the new world. Do we stick by the old way of taking by bible by the word, which seems to contradict many of the things that we have long since set aside? Or do we adapt God's teaching to how we live so they can go hand in hand. I think this is the main reason why religion is under such scrutany now-a-days, because science has "proven" that for instance we were not placed on earth when it was created, we came along long after. Evolution. Equality of the sexes. I have nothing against Christian values, the best people I know are devout, but I have a problem with taking the bible at it's word, it is very different from the better world inwhich we live today. When the bible was written the beliefs of that period of time are quite un-evolved compared to today.

Oct. 26, 2003, 10:55 a.m.

That's a good question. Coveting (wanting to have someone else's things) is also one of the Ten, but it doesn't really seem like that big of a sin. Who knows why it is in there, instead of other sins. Beastiality is also not mentioned. Go figure.

I would tend to say the reason is because the 10 commandments were brought down as a basic set of rules for people. They are to go hand-in hand with the teaching. And historically speaking the ideas in the commandments would be the major issues of the day (murder, theft etc)

Oct. 26, 2003, 11:18 a.m.

It is the same thing as if he showed up at school and said, "I'm a Satanist, that's what I believe, and I want you to accept it."

He did not just show up and say I am gay I want you to accept me….he kept it hiden and was approached by a teacher and asked…he only told the truth becaseu he thought that the conversation was confidentail

The Silence Music
armchair cynics

Oct. 26, 2003, 12:24 p.m.

Originally posted by blinded
If relegion helps people get on with their day to day life, I've got nothing against it… just when you kill someone over it, its just messed up. I still cant figure out if I believe in anything or not

How bout when you lose christmas and birthdays over it :o. Anything that makes me miss christmas, or any other of the good holidays (Yes I do know they are all religous holidays, and were brought into the mainstream because of religion) is crazy in my books :D

msn:[email protected]

Oct. 26, 2003, 12:26 p.m.

lets not forget how much homosexuality is in the church and religon

its there

tho its prohibited by the religion