highschool senior expelled for being gay.

Oct. 25, 2003, 9:30 p.m.

my opinion, you can shoot down my theroy, i wont take it to heart. i think religion, is for people who dont believe in themselves and have to relie on someone else. no mind of there own. like EC biker says, if you dont like religion, down follow religion, which i dont. i apolojize if i've offend a religious person

yeah bro!!

Oct. 25, 2003, 9:33 p.m.

I have a question for everybody here that is turning the actions of one private school into the classification of an entire system of belief. 'Religion' will always have flawed because religion is practised by humans. All humans are imperfect. Faith can be perfect. However, truth is the only thing that can prove a faith to be perfect. I would encourage any one that is going to flame this thread to ask themselves "what is the truth?" Many of you are preaching not to be close minded and be accepting. I would encourage the same to you. If you look into science for truth thats fine, but also look to see if you can find Jesus. Because as God of the earth and everything in it, the true God will prove himself to the seeker. Thats just my two cents. Someone told me the same thing when I was arguing from the science point of view. God found me.

Check out my Site It's updated~ mikeyanderson.com

Oct. 25, 2003, 9:34 p.m.

Originally posted by VancouverIslguy
**I've always held the opinion that religion is the major stumbling block to being open-minded. I've weighed the differences between what I should believe in and I personally believe that religion, although carrying a nice message, I find that religion, specifically the bible can be, and will most likely be distorted.

It's been said by many, that the bible has been rewritten, translated to different langauges and retranslated. For a good example of this, go on altavista and translate something to another langauge, than retranslate it. You're more than likely to have major discrepencies. Another good example is the game telephone, where you whisper a phrase from one person to another, and at the end say the phrase. Many times the phrase will have been distorted, sometimes drastically. This can be tied in with people who are doing the translating, obviously the translation is open to personal judgement.

The entire point of this little blurb was to emphasize that scripture such as the bible, being old, and having been seen in so many versions, could have been at one point misinterpreted. **

Any religious text can be misinterpreted. Just look at radical Islam. They believe that blowing yourself up and taking a busload of Jews with you will get you into heaven, while mainstream Islam is a religion of peace. Take a look at the Ku Klux Klan. The believe that they are a Christian organization. Examples can be found anywhere. Use a religious text to serve your own hatred, or use it to bring good to all those around you. It's your choice.

"Yes, I will pull off that liberal's halo that he spends so much effort cultivating."
-Malcom X

Oct. 25, 2003, 9:40 p.m.

Originally posted by EC Biker
Romans 1:26-31
Leviticus 18:22

aye, thats pretty straightforward.

Oct. 25, 2003, 9:52 p.m.

This thread is a true test of "openmindedness". Because we've been told to immediately label someone as "closedminded" if they should disagree with the greater good. As EC Biker pointed out, you can be open minded but still disagree with something or hate it but still tolerate it.

Oct. 25, 2003, 9:57 p.m.

Originally posted by EC Biker
Any religious text can be misinterpreted. Just look at radical Islam. They believe that blowing yourself up and taking a busload of Jews with you will get you into heaven, while mainstream Islam is a religion of peace. Take a look at the Ku Klux Klan. The believe that they are a Christian organization. Examples can be found anywhere. Use a religious text to serve your own hatred, or use it to bring good to all those around you. It's your choice.

This is also a much needed point. Especially concerning Islam and the media today. Although it is a religion of peace, it can be interpreted in different ways. And those radicals are always the ones on the media, leading the stereotypes.

Oct. 25, 2003, 11:38 p.m.

hey dirt for breakfast, you have said exactly what i was going to say. all religion does is blind you, it makes you rely on something i believe isnt real. its like, wake up, there is no god, and if there was it would be in science books and so on and explain how believing that some dude exists can save your life etc. religion was a way of life since humans could think of stories. they had nothing better to do and many people were diseased and so on so they make up a fake guy to help them live:rolleyes:
i think all religion does is take time from your life and never give it back, i HONESTLY cant think if any pros to be religious. all you do is read a book full of stories and quotes that were written by people that didnt have much to do. my theorie is that people were easily amazed from nothing back then so all religions could have been started by the simplest of things, think about it, someone on opium could have been tripping and said he saw a god etc…

the only reason why religion is still alive is because its passed on from parent to child, and then it just becomes a habit. i think that its kinda sad that people have to become religious because they dont have the will power and/or the mental strength to get through life and its obstacles like lots of others do. i aint religious, and i dont intend to be any time soon.

sorry if i have might offended anyone, its only what i think makes the most sense from a realistic view. these threads are so good for venting:)

anyways, i think what i said is pretty much all i think about religion, pretty much useless really….

:canada: :::WANTED:::
used hydraulic disc front, some tires about 2.5 maybe rims pm me

Originally posted by Dirt For Breakfast
religion is a disease

Oct. 25, 2003, 11:42 p.m.

i have to admit there are pretty damn good quotes in the bible tho

religion is a disease

Oct. 25, 2003, 11:49 p.m.

dhrider, has an idea in there, although I'm not as extreme anti-religious as he is, I agree with him on one point. Look at the level of technology we have today, and the discoveries we are making almost daily, the artifacts of long forgotten civilizations that have no place in the bible, dinosaurs, cavemen. A frozen mammoth. To a man in the times in which the bible was written, he had none of these, nothing to explain his role in the universe, nothing to explain how he came to be on this planet. To fight this fear he created…creationism. That a single being was watching over him and that he had created the man in his likeness.

Most religions can be traced back to this theory, for example, some nameless god belched, and out came the world. Bingo! creation, a reason for man to be alive.

I do not wish to go on a rightous anti-religious speal about how people who are religious are sheep who cannot think for themselves, I believe that you have the right to choose what you believe in, even though I may believe you are wrong. Just as a Buddhist has the right to his temple and peace, as do we who believe in Evolution.

I troll shitty posters like yourself, because it's amusing to watch you skidmarks get all riled up.

Oct. 25, 2003, 11:54 p.m.

im not like "DIE RELIGIONS:rocker:" :lol: im totally with you about how its totally your choice, i just thinks its totally lame that someone created a guy so he could feel almost wanted, and not useless as humans really are (seriously, wtf is the meaning of our lives) but ya im just saying that religion only started because people had no goals in life and nothing to do, so they create someone to make them feel usefull, sounds pretty stupid to me.

look at my sig, that explains it

religion is a disease

Oct. 25, 2003, 11:57 p.m.

Originally posted by dhrider
**hey dirt for breakfast, you have said exactly what i was going to say. all religion does is blind you, it makes you rely on something i believe isnt real. its like, wake up, there is no god, and if there was it would be in science books and so on and explain how believing that some dude exists can save your life etc. religion was a way of life since humans could think of stories. they had nothing better to do and many people were diseased and so on so they make up a fake guy to help them live:rolleyes:
i think all religion does is take time from your life and never give it back, i HONESTLY cant think if any pros to be religious. all you do is read a book full of stories and quotes that were written by people that didnt have much to do. my theorie is that people were easily amazed from nothing back then so all religions could have been started by the simplest of things, think about it, someone on opium could have been tripping and said he saw a god etc…

the only reason why religion is still alive is because its passed on from parent to child, and then it just becomes a habit. i think that its kinda sad that people have to become religious because they dont have the will power and/or the mental strength to get through life and its obstacles like lots of others do. i aint religious, and i dont intend to be any time soon.

sorry if i have might offended anyone, its only what i think makes the most sense from a realistic view. these threads are so good for venting:)

anyways, i think what i said is pretty much all i think about religion, pretty much useless really…. **

exactly…you nailed it buddy

The Silence Music
armchair cynics

Oct. 25, 2003, 11:59 p.m.

Jesus was Jewish.

Oct. 26, 2003, midnight

:thepimp: awesome, thanx man :love: we should be like karl marx and write revolutionary books together hahaah:nerd: :lol:

religion is a disease

Oct. 26, 2003, 12:02 a.m.

Originally posted by dhrider
:thepimp: awesome, thanx man :love: we should be like karl marx and write revolutionary books together hahaah:nerd: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

The Silence Music
armchair cynics

Oct. 26, 2003, 12:03 a.m.

Calothism was created by the romans to police their far leading empire…:)