had a little scare this morning

July 30, 2003, 1:51 p.m.

had riding planned this morning. started getting ready to go and felt lightheaded. blacked out. went to the hospital. this is what they said.

turns out it was from being so tired. apparently being that tired was giving me heart palpatations which was making me dizzy and light headed all the time. finally my body just couldnt take it anymore and it shut down. now i cant have any stimulants such as coffee, pop, anything with caffeine so my heartbeat can get back to normal.

it wasnt really that serious in the end but holy shit did it ever scare me this morning. good thing it didnt happen while biking.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 30, 2003, 1:57 p.m.

That's pretty scary.

Back in elementary school a friend of mine woke up one day [HTML_REMOVED] just couldn't move his legs. They went to the hospital [HTML_REMOVED] nobody could figure out what was wrong [HTML_REMOVED] they didn't know what to do. The worst part is, his mom is one of those totally over-emotional women [HTML_REMOVED] whe was completely freaking out bawling [HTML_REMOVED] shit. The next day he was fine.

You should really get some sleep. What the hell have you been doing to be that sleep-deprived?

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

July 30, 2003, 1:59 p.m.

Yikes. You need to chill, and log some serious PS2 time…

Glad to hear you are ok!

July 30, 2003, 1:59 p.m.

nothing, i just have a hard time sleeping. i usually go on 2-4 hours a sleep a night. but i guess the heat and a lot of personal things happening are causing me to sleep even less.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

July 30, 2003, 2:01 p.m.

I can relate to the heat thing. I'm finding hard to sleep [HTML_REMOVED] getting pretty run-down from it too.
My apartment has become an Easy Bake Oven.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

July 30, 2003, 2:05 p.m.

I've felt like crap for the past two days….i've had the same problem….like i sleep for a good 10 hours but after i wake up from that i feel really really tired and i just dont want to do anything….it usually doesnt happen to me but today it sure as hell did

:banana:
email address: [email protected]

July 30, 2003, 2:27 p.m.

10 hours is over sleeping son! 7-8 hours is all you need. Over sleeping will make you feel like hell, tired and not wanting to do anything.

So will dehydration…It is HOT, drink lots of water!

July 30, 2003, 2:34 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron
**10 hours is over sleeping son! 7-8 hours is all you need. Over sleeping will make you feel like hell, tired and not wanting to do anything.

So will dehydration…It is HOT, drink lots of water! **

That might explain my lack of wanting to ride :P

I usually wake up at like 2.. I usually get like 12 hours of sleep :eek:

When I think of 8 hours sleep, it doesn't seem like that much.. maybe I should be setting my alarm..

tommrorow. mom took the van/

July 30, 2003, 2:38 p.m.

thats why you feel bad. you are messing with you body clock. you need some sort of routine that you body can adjust to.

July 30, 2003, 2:54 p.m.

hope u feel better soon james, time for some video games.

July 30, 2003, 3:06 p.m.

Originally posted by lancepaydirt
nothing, i just have a hard time sleeping. i usually go on 2-4 hours a sleep a night. but i guess the heat and a lot of personal things happening are causing me to sleep even less.

2-4 hours is not good. At minimum, you need to make up for it by doing the occasional 12-hour sleep session.

Personally, I find that an extra hour of sleep is necessary if I'm biking hard. In other words, 9 hours is best for me in terms of recovery.

Perhaps you should look into self-relaxation techniques to help you sleep. Sometimes it works.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 30, 2003, 3:21 p.m.

dude….the same thing happened to me too but I fell down to flights of stairs and almost went right through the wall and fucked my back up for a couple weeks if I was on bike it would have been lights out for good.

July 30, 2003, 4:01 p.m.

holy crap james..you need to get some rest or something dude..im glad to hear your alright thouhg,

ScotShip Award Recipient

July 30, 2003, 5:34 p.m.

ive gotten 2 hours or less of sleep past 3 nights and 3 hours previous 2 nights before that

and i feel less tired then ever
i think im gonna try to beat sleep and decrease myamount of sleep slowly and eventually just quit sleeping period

That was off the Sicktor!
:smokey:

July 30, 2003, 5:48 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron
So will dehydration…It is HOT, drink lots of water!

:werd:

You wouldn't belive how many heat stroke cases we have at the pool.