Do YOU wear YOUR helmet!

March 8, 2003, 9:31 a.m.

i feel like somethign is missing if iam not wearing my helmet.
but i dont wear it if iam just onmy driveway or something. but when i acctually go riding its always onmy head

March 8, 2003, 10:57 a.m.

ya i try to wear it, but not all the time. i think its totally up to the rider. if im learning something new, or know im gonna be pushing it over what i am comfortable usually doing, then ill throw it on, but if im just gonna be messing around i probly wont

T1
mr. sieben!!

March 8, 2003, 11:19 a.m.

Always wear it, always will. It's only off when I'm taking my bike from my truck to my house.

Hug a logger, you'll never go back to trees

March 8, 2003, 11:19 a.m.

The only reasons I can see for not wearing a helmet are these:
1. Don't like the 'look'. aka. want to be cool aka. like the ghetto look without one aka whatever.
2. Too lazy to find it/forgot to bring it/whatever.

Neither one really seems like any justification to me. Those of you who don't wear em: any compelling reasons I'm missing?

This space intentionally left blank.

March 8, 2003, 11:25 a.m.

you gots it gandi

everyone laughs at my friend and i when we ride with our helmets…so i usually find something to throw at them

why wouldnt you? i mean they dont obstruct you in any way shape or form and they'll save your ass better than a toque..

i wear mine when i go on rides. if im goin to get somethin from the store or goin to a friends house i wont…but if i wanna ride i be sportin my helmut

J.M.T

Originally posted by eryn

IH8XC i'll keep you in mind when all the men die, all the goats die and the batteries in my vibrator run out.

March 8, 2003, 11:30 a.m.

Originally posted by BuckChoklit
no, DUDE. This debate has been run over anbout a zillion times.

Well then maybe you shouldn't respond……gotta love being young and confrontational

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

March 8, 2003, 12:03 p.m.

My philosophy is that if somebody isn't wearing one, and they smash their head, I am not always in a great big hurry to help out when I find them lying in a pile of pain. Just me, mind.

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

March 8, 2003, 12:53 p.m.

Originally posted by snow_homie
I suppose that that damned pulp mill is making the city go craaaaaaaaaaaazzzyyyyy. . . :rolleyes:

We have a pulp mill?

chop

March 8, 2003, 12:57 p.m.

i most of the time wear mine, depends on what im doing, if im jus praciticeing some urban at the school then i wont, but if im going to dt to ride or to the shore, i will of of course wear it!

bike for sale: 04 16' matrix w/ 01 super t. 24/26 hayes hydros, top notch parts, excellent condition. 1100 obo

March 8, 2003, 2:02 p.m.

I think an important part of pg_trail_junkie's point is that these guys are professionals, and representing our sport. Not just to fellow riders (who already know the dangers,) but to Joe Public who then thinks we are a bunch of irresponsible yahoos that don't care about our own lives, let alone anyone else. I mean, is a BMX-style skid lid really that much less "core" than no helmet?

Also, if you decide not to wear a helmet, then turn yourself into a brain dead vegetable when you bail, I don't think I should have to send my tax dollars to keep your worthless ass alive.

My couple pennies.

Check my stuff for sale!

March 8, 2003, 3:02 p.m.

i wear my helmet all the time:D

DEANER + BABIES = DEANER EATING BABIES

March 8, 2003, 4:08 p.m.

Do you think I care what you think?

And Gandi, There also hot.

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and

March 8, 2003, 4:08 p.m.

Originally posted by k-Bizzle
I don't care at all if people don't use one for street or dirt, because it's not my problem if they crash, and I rarely wear my helmet for street. But at least have the fucking courtesy to wear one on the trails, because If you crash and break your head open, it's not just you suffering, the trail will be shut down because of you. I always wear my helmet for trails and dirt.

What about the fact that our tax dollars are paying for the person that crashes and breakes their head open on street or dirt?

There should be a waiver people sign if they're not willing to take proper precautions that waives their right to free medicare.

March 8, 2003, 4:19 p.m.

Originally posted by Gandalf
What about the fact that our** tax dollars are paying for the person that crashes and breakes their head open on street or dirt?

There should be a waiver people sign if they're not willing to take proper precautions that waives their right to free medicare. **

We all pay taxes so your point is moot.

Since when do you care what I do with MY OWN head?

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and

March 8, 2003, 4:25 p.m.

Originally posted by m33p
**We all pay taxes so your point is moot.

Since when do you care what I do with MY OWN head? **

Just because you're paying part of the possible costs of you bashing your head doesn't mean I'm not also paying part. The fact that EVERYONE is paying for your head is far from making my point moot…if anything, it accentuates it.

I care, because I pay. Like I said.