Any resonable places for a hair cut in Vancouver

June 5, 2012, 7:28 p.m.

If anyone happens to want a decent hair cut that will last a while rather than a $15 one that needs re-doing every 3 weeks, my wife runs her own salon in our live / work space in East Van. She's been a hair dresser for the last 15 years or so and has worked for various high end salons in the area. She has a mixed clientele ranging from businesspeeps to this guy called Tyler who I guess plays a very guitar for Said The Whale:

She's not one for doing much Facebook or internetz but here's her Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Paper-Wasp-Salon/240491882656047

She'll make my hair grow slower?

Amazing!

Bicycles!

June 5, 2012, 7:37 p.m.

She'll make my hair grow slower?

Amazing!

Ummmm….no.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 6, 2012, 12:11 a.m.

no matter who cuts my hair it rarely looks good 3 weeks later. As "jefg" said, youd have to make my hair grow slower to make a difference. Unless I started with hair the length of that said the whale banjo player……but I dont.

June 6, 2012, 7:45 a.m.

If you've got very short hair, and the same sort of length all over, then clearly the quality of cut isn't going to make much difference. May as well just shave it off yourself and save yourself a load of time and money in the long run.

Anyway, anyone who knows me knows that I normally look like I've stepped out of a cave for the first time in ten years, so I'm not the first authority in hair cutting.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 6, 2012, 8:52 a.m.

If you've got very short hair, and the same sort of length all over, then clearly the quality of cut isn't going to make much difference. May as well just shave it off yourself and save yourself a load of time and money in the long run.

Anyway, anyone who knows me knows that I normally look like I've stepped out of a cave for the first time in ten years, so I'm not the first authority in hair cutting.

Personally I've got very thick hair which does the "grow out not down" thing quite quickly after a cut. I go every 1.5-2 months, and if I don't it starts to look pretty awful. That said, it's not the same length all over as you say, and I do benefit from going to a decent barber. (I couldn't however justify an expensive haircut)

Bicycles!

June 6, 2012, 12:01 p.m.

for me, the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about a week.

Because that's just the way I roll…

June 6, 2012, 12:35 p.m.

I'm every 3-4 weeks. It's also a buzz so I refuse to pay more than $20 on principle but I hate cleaning up the house after doing it myself.

How are you cutting your hair? I use to do a buzz cut. After I buzzed my hair I would pull out the vacuum and vaccuum up all the hair. I would then jump in the shower to wash off the rest.

June 6, 2012, 1:44 p.m.

holy fuck

I know eh? I go like 3 months between cuts and I thought that was normal.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 6, 2012, 4 p.m.

I go to a place at Homer and Pender. $22 for a hair cut, no neck massages or reach arounds or any of that garbage.

Way back from the old school days of NSMB…