SCREAM in 8": LLOOUUDDD thwack when bottoming....

July 9, 2003, 6:46 p.m.

..what gives? When i take the spring out of the rear shock and fully compress the stroke there seems to be no interference between the seatstay and seat clamp. However, when i land hard or slam out of a steep roll there is a really loud thwack. Upon inspection there were marks on the seatstay and seatclamp showing they clearly are contacting. Do other people have this problem? Is this preventing the frame from getting full travel. I have the smallest diameter clamp possible and have the bolt facing the opposite (front of the frame). Any thoughts?

July 9, 2003, 6:47 p.m.

Could be a side load? Make sure everything is tight I suppose.

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 9, 2003, 6:53 p.m.

try it in diff trav 8,7,6 see if does it the same.. or maybe leave the shock in take the spring out and see what happens

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 9, 2003, 7:01 p.m.

bottom out bumper gets compressed more when u bottom than when u simply push down on it. Run a no two piece post you should have no issues. the only clamp it can physically hit would be the secondary on on the second post.

July 9, 2003, 8:29 p.m.

what bb hole do you have it in? L or H? What shock do you have? If it is the long stroke 2.25 it must be in the h hole. Mail pip or talk to him on here… HEYPIP.. good luck with it.

Ryders Eyewear, Oakbay Bikes, Devinci

July 9, 2003, 8:59 p.m.

Are you sure it's not your derailleur whacking the chainstay?

July 10, 2003, 6:25 a.m.

Originally posted by whisky shooter
what bb hole do you have it in? L or H? What shock do you have? If it is the long stroke 2.25 it must be in the h hole. Mail pip or talk to him on here… HEYPIP.. good luck with it.

Im pretty sure and what makes me more sure is that there are marks on the seatstay. I run a thomson post and have it in the H setting. When it is in the 7" it never makes that sound and on the rare occasion i bottom it in the 7" mode, it never made that sound. I will try and call Banshee today although at this point i am not sure what else can be said. So far, this is the ONLY thing i dislike about the bike. It has been exceptional in every other aspect.

July 10, 2003, 7:06 a.m.

Originally posted by NewYorker
Im pretty sure and what makes me more sure is that there are marks on the seatstay. I run a thomson post and have it in the H setting. When it is in the 7" it never makes that sound and on the rare occasion i bottom it in the 7" mode, it never made that sound. I will try and call Banshee today although at this point i am not sure what else can be said. So far, this is the ONLY thing i dislike about the bike. It has been exceptional in every other aspect.

It just sounds like you are hitting your seat post. Not good for the frame (some companies void warranty if this happens). Pip will set you straight. He is on the board, and replies to most Banshee inquiries. HEYPIP