Need help!

July 10, 2003, 7:06 p.m.

Got me a DMR sidekick frame on the way. It is hte Euro BB/ Vert. dropout model. I will be taking parts off of my P.1 and throwing them on the DMR so I can ride it as soon as I get it. Do you guys think that the rear wheel(3/8 inch axle) from my P.1 will fit the verticle dropouts on th e DMR cleanly? Or will I have to rig it up? Im not really opposed to doing alittle grinding if necessary.

Also, will the BB transfer over? That is one thing that confuses me, I don't know what the measurments are and what I need to look for. what is the easiest way to get the BB out of the bike, I had a difficult time with this step last time. Im running hussefelts, do I need a special tool?

Anyone know the seatpost diameter for the DMR? I need to know if it will match up with the p.1 seatpost or not. Im sure I can find the diameter of the p.1 seatpost somewhere . .

Last thing, what is the easiest way to get headset cups out of my current frame and into the DMR? I had trouble getting them in last time and Im really worrying about getting them out of my current frame.

Thanks - Andrew

July 10, 2003, 10:15 p.m.

3/8 is bmx axle size. p1's fit 10mm diameter by 1mm thread pitch axles, the same as dmr.

their website will probably tell you the seatpost size.

pip

www.bansheebikes.com

July 10, 2003, 10:18 p.m.

i think all specialized high end mt bikes are 30.1 mm for the seat post, as fo the bb its probably the same size cups but i dont, i would have a shop do headset stuff for you, it is easy to get them out but it is a lot easier to get them in with the proper tool, a 300 usd press thing, also your frame might benefit from being faced, were they shave away any exseess material so it is exactly 1 18 and will be a tighter fit to higher tolerances.

good luyck

July 10, 2003, 11:10 p.m.

One thought.. If your running the stock wheel from the P1 I think its a singlespeed hub? Thats gonna be your problem if your running vert. dropouts.

July 11, 2003, 1:08 a.m.

bolt on a derailuer and lock it for a chain tensioner :)

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 11, 2003, 6:12 a.m.

I figured I would just shorten the chain until it was a good length . . . would that work?