Agreed - I would at least take it down pending further details. There is a very real chance that this is a scam.
1) Injured rider has a history of other Gofundme pages and similar sites to gain him money.
2) Injured rider discarded the barbed wire, and it could not be recovered.
3) There are no pictures of the barbed wire on scene.
4) Rider went to media, did not approach police (he was subsequently contacted by police).
5) Rider claims his dog was in his backpack for his ride and was thrown from backpack in crash (who rides with a dog in their backpack?)
6) Rider claims incident happened on a VERY popular trail (Merlin View) between 8 and 9 PM. Strava data indicates multiple parties were on the trail at this time, and no reports from other parties about meeting this rider. (This trail is also a fairly short loop, ~ 45 minutes for most riders).
7) Rider is asking for considerably more than replacement cost for bike on Gofundme.