I've lived in the Comox Valley for most of my life. It's an absolutely fantastic place to live for the most part, particularly if you are into the outdoors.
Some yummy stuff to check out:
- Hot Chocolates / Cakebread bakery on 5th street - Fantastic locally made chocolate and baked goods. Hard to go back to anything else.
- The CBC, Biblio Taco and Ryders pizza in Cumberland.
- The Church Street taphouse in Comox is great, and while youre in the neighborhood, the Church St. Bakery, like three doors down, has awesome wood fired pizza.
- Atlas Cafe in Courtenay. Fantastic menu. Always super consistent.
- Avenue Restaurant and Toscano's (delicious fresh made pasta) in Comox are great too. Toscano's in nice and close to Marina Park as well, super nice to take a walk around the marina after a good feed.
- Kingfisher Resort and Spa is fantastic for a stay-cation. Good food and the hydropath is pretty cool.
Some places that are great to check out too:
- The Tea Centre on 5th street. The guy that runs this place was personally driving deliveries to all of his clients at the beginning of the pandemic. Smells AMAZING.
- The Airpark walkway. Great place for a stroll when you want to keep your shoes clean.
- Nymph Falls Park / Bearbait / Comox Lake Dam / Bevan Trail network. Off-leash dog walking, endless multi-use trails. Some fun family bike riding. Good swimming spots.
- Trent River falls.
- Paradise meadows trail network on Mt. Washington.
The list goes on and on. Welcome to the community!